missed bid sheet

Nimnim

The Nim
what is a bid sheet? Like the names on the waiting list?

A bid sheet is a list that you sign to express interest in a position. If there is an opening they go down the list by seniority til someone accepts the position. If there is no position available the list is held until a position opens then they go through it or after enough time a new list is posted and the process starts again with the new list.

atlastitan

I filled out a bid form for a full time PC position about a month ago. Isn't that the same? Otherwise I gotta go bug someone at my hub.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I can see where it might be inconvenient to find the bid sheets and check them monthly, but it's what you have to do to advance in this company. They bid part time jobs, Pc jobs and feeder jobs. The building I worked at had the bids posted in an out of the way place. Even when I was in feeders, I'd walk by there and check the bid list to see what was going on in the hub. I was amazed at how many people would sign. Always sign a bid list if it is a job you are interested in, even if there are people on the list who are above you in seniority. They may take their name off or be DQ'd in the process.

UPSGUY72

apparently the bid sheets were out for full time article 22 and no once knoew about them until after they were taken down. the bid sheets are on the complete opposite side of the hub. it literally takes me 7 mins to walk over there. why isnt there notification from a supervisor that they are up . and shouldnt they be placed in an area where all employees have access to them like a time clock or the entrance to the hub so all employees have an EQUAL opportunity????

Where is the normal spot where bid are always posted in your building ??? Is it the same spot these article 22 bid were posted ???? If so your SOL. If not file a grievance...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)