Missed work/Accident report

U

Updog07

So does anyone know of possible negative ramifications that I could face for filing an accident report at this juncture?
Am I looking at possibly loosing my job?

barnyard

KTM rider
Once you report it, all treatment will be turned over to WC, which UPS will fight because you did not report it right away. That means that none of the bills that you accrued by going to the doc will be paid and it could take 6+ months to resolve. Guess who is on the hook for the bills in the meantime.....

Plus, if further treatment is needed, nothing will happen until the WC status is resolved.

You effed up big time.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
enough already! If your Doc said its work related its work related! Look you Sup in the eye and say so. They will ask you questions just answer them truthfully and don't sweat the little things. If they try to deny talk to your steward. If they threaten your job over it tell them, "just a second," pull out your phone and tell them you are calling OSHA and hand them the phone.

U

Updog07

Well I haven't stated to any sup or doctor that this is work related, so I guess seeing my own doctor and if it interferes with my job anymore, go the temporary disability route.

BostonBo

This is why before you punch out, you should be asked if you got hurt at work today, similar to when the DIAD asks if your car needs anything repaired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
enough already! If your Doc said its work related its work related! Look you Sup in the eye and say so. They will ask you questions just answer them truthfully and don't sweat the little things. If they try to deny talk to your steward. If they threaten your job over it tell them, "just a second," pull out your phone and tell them you are calling OSHA and hand them the phone.
How the hell does your doctor know if an injury is work related? I can break a wrist falling off a ladder at home. My doctor can conclude that my wrist is broken...but how can he claim it happened at my job simply by looking at an xray?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
How the hell does your doctor know if an injury is work related? I can break a wrist falling off a ladder at home. My doctor can conclude that my wrist is broken...but how can he claim it happened at my job simply by looking at an xray?

You are not giving them enough credit. They will know and the good ones will call you out on it. I should clarify, they will know the difference between falling off a ladder and breaking your wrist and tripping and falling while walking and breaking your wrist.

To the original poster. 2 choices and everyone on this forum has done it. 1) Report it and face the discipline you will receive and the treatment provided under WC. 2) Suck it up and deal with it until you are back to normal and the next time some thing happens report it. Remember on your last S&V your supervisor reviewed proper reporting of all injuries and crashes..and you signed it, so you cannot say I didn't know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are not giving them enough credit. They will know and the good ones will call you out on it. I should clarify, they will know the difference between falling off a ladder and breaking your wrist and tripping and falling while walking and breaking your wrist.

To the original poster. 2 choices and everyone on this forum has done it. 1) Report it and face the discipline you will receive and the treatment provided under WC. 2) Suck it up and deal with it until you are back to normal and the next time some thing happens report it. Remember on your last S&V your supervisor reviewed proper reporting of all injuries and crashes..and you signed it, so you cannot say I didn't know.

Sounds like he is an inside employee.

PACNW

Don't know what they can do to you, but they will be pissed. Since you missed a day and your doctor released you for the next day, it will probably be a "lost time injury". Your sups will take a beating for it. If you had reported it, your Dr. would have had the correct WC info plus you probably would have been on the clock for your Dr. visit. At least here you would. They go all out to keep you from going Lost Time.