Missed work/Accident report

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are not giving them enough credit. They will know and the good ones will call you out on it. I should clarify, they will know the difference between falling off a ladder and breaking your wrist and tripping and falling while walking and breaking your wrist.

To the original poster. 2 choices and everyone on this forum has done it. 1) Report it and face the discipline you will receive and the treatment provided under WC. 2) Suck it up and deal with it until you are back to normal and the next time some thing happens report it. Remember on your last S&V your supervisor reviewed proper reporting of all injuries and crashes..and you signed it, so you cannot say I didn't know.

Why would you get disciplined for reporting an accident?

By The Book

It's common knowledge to report all work related injuries ASAP. Will there be a time when you feel something in your back or shoulder,etc and work through it, and not report it for whatever reason, yes. Whether it's due to being embarrassed to report it or thinking it was nothing and a day off or after the weekend it'll be fine. My advice is to report everything work related ASAP, and keep your center team in the loop. Injuries that happen off the clock shouldn't be turned in as if it happened at work.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You are not giving them enough credit. They will know and the good ones will call you out on it. I should clarify, they will know the difference between falling off a ladder and breaking your wrist and tripping and falling while walking and breaking your wrist.

To the original poster. 2 choices and everyone on this forum has done it. 1) Report it and face the discipline you will receive and the treatment provided under WC. 2) Suck it up and deal with it until you are back to normal and the next time some thing happens report it. Remember on your last S&V your supervisor reviewed proper reporting of all injuries and crashes..and you signed it, so you cannot say I didn't know.
There is no discipline for filling out an injury report. If my management team wants me to sit in front of a computer and fill out safety crap, I will gladly take a few hours to do so.
I have never signed anything on my annual safety rides. RTS is my friend.

Dr.Brownz

I'm not talking about a bruise....I'm referring to whatever "injury" the OP went to his doctor for....yet claims that it's work related.

You fall and bruise your ass. You don't think it's bad so you keep working. Next day you wake up with extreme pain in your hips and back. I have a feeling this is the kind of situation the OP is in.

Dr.Brownz

It's common knowledge to report all work related injuries ASAP. Will there be a time when you feel something in your back or shoulder,etc and work through it, and not report it for whatever reason, yes. Whether it's due to being embarrassed to report it or thinking it was nothing and a day off or after the weekend it'll be fine. My advice is to report everything work related ASAP, and keep your center team in the loop. Injuries that happen off the clock shouldn't be turned in as if it happened at work.

"report all injuries" except the sups act like it is an inconvenience to document small things and/or talk smack about it to other drivers, thus giving off the impression to newer hires that they should not "waste time" by reporting them. I learned along time ago, always cover your ass always.

rod

Retired 22 years
Who reports every little scrape and bruise?

I did. After working 17 years without a sick day off I screwed my back up one day. I was off for 2 and a half months and fought UPS and Liberty Mutual EVERY step of the way. They put me through hell even to point of the center manager calling me at home and telling me to "get my ass back to work because he knew I was faking it". After that whole experience I reported everything. I don't know if its the same way today but back then we had to call a special number (on the clock) and they would ask you dozens of questions about your injury. It would take about 20 minutes to make that call. I made lots of extra overtime $$$$ answering silly questions on the phone. More than once I was asked if I really wanted to report a simple cut or bruise.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You fall and bruise your ass. You don't think it's bad so you keep working. Next day you wake up with extreme pain in your hips and back. I have a feeling this is the kind of situation the OP is in.
Exactly. The next day (at the very least) the OP should have showed up to work and reported the fall from the day before and filed an accident report....then to to the doctor.

Johney

So far the op has gone to their Dr. to have a work related injury looked at. The Dr. says it's work related and I assume puts that in his notes. So what happens if the op doesn't report it to workers comp,does Teamcare say "we're not paying for it it's work related". So then reports it to w/c, then w/c denies the claim. Then what?

Dr.Brownz

Exactly. The next day (at the very least) the OP should have showed up to work and reported the fall from the day before and filed an accident report....then to to the doctor.

Once when I was a new driver I twisted my ankle stepping out of the PC. I got up and finished the day thinking it was all good but the next day my ankle was swollen pretty good. I explained the situation to my sup and I ended up just taking 3 unpaid days and a sick day off. It was an easy week lol. Not broken or anything just extreme bruising.

OP is friend'd though

By The Book

So far the op has gone to their Dr. to have a work related injury looked at. The Dr. says it's work related and I assume puts that in his notes. So what happens if the op doesn't report it to workers comp,does Teamcare say "we're not paying for it it's work related". So then reports it to w/c, then w/c denies the claim. Then what?
Let's just say the OP did not handle this correctly and will have to learn his lesson the hard way.

Dr.Brownz

Once when I was a new driver I twisted my ankle stepping out of the PC. I got up and finished the day thinking it was all good but the next day my ankle was swollen pretty good. I explained the situation to my sup and I ended up just taking 3 unpaid days and a sick day off. It was an easy week lol. Not broken or anything just extreme bruising.

OP is friend'd though

I should add that sup told me from now on to report everything no matter how big or small. Hell I banged my elbow the other day on a shelf and reported it. It is still slightly bruised but what if I had cracked a bone without realizing it at the time? Back when I rode dirt bikes alot I broke my foot and didn't even realize it till that evening about 10 hours later. Adrenaline can make you not feel the pain.