Mitt Romney

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't care ! If you like to pay 20-25% taxes and love that multi-millionares pay 13-15% taxes. Then so be it ! That's your opinion, and I respect it. Simple as that.
And like TOS mentioned, if you want capital gains taxes to be zero, so that people like Romney don't pay any taxes at all, I'm okay with that, too, if you don't mind making up the difference and paying a few percentage points more on taxes.
Tell me the amount of money in taxes that Romney paid!! I guarantee you it's not zero like you say. Put the shovel down and stop digging yourself deeper.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't care ! If you like to pay 20-25% taxes and love that multi-millionares pay 13-15% taxes. Then so be it ! That's your opinion, and I respect it. Simple as that.
And like TOS mentioned, if you want capital gains taxes to be zero, so that people like Romney don't pay any taxes at all, I'm okay with that, too, if you don't mind making up the difference and paying a few percentage points more on taxes.
So, you are just parroting what TOS mentions..............do your own research and find the real truth.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't give a damn anymore, told that already, if you C9ners are happy with paying nearly twice the percentage of taxes than multi-millionaires, then so be it!
You are voting for the right candidate and party ! Good for you !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't give a damn anymore, told that already, if you C9ners are happy with paying nearly twice the percentage of taxes than multi-millionaires, then so be it!
You are voting for the right candidate and party ! Good for you !
You are just like the little kid on the playground that says, "So There!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Beiber made $50 million last year and Romney made $20.9 million last year. You hate the millionaires like Romney, so you must hate Justin about twice as much!!!

klein

Beiber made $50 million last year and Romney made $20.9 million last year. You hate the millionaires like Romney, so you must hate Justin about twice as much!!!

Why would I - he actually pays Income taxes and doesn't hide his money.

His 50% charity donations don't go to a cult either, but to the very poor instead.

Same as I like Bill Gates much more than I ever liked Steve Jobs .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why would I - he actually pays Income taxes and doesn't hide his money.

His 50% charity donations don't go to a cult either, but to the very poor instead.

Same as I like Bill Gates much more than I ever liked Steve Jobs .
Mitt paid millions in taxes and as a Mormon tithes 10% to his church......the Mormon church is a church. We have freedom of religion and can pick what church we want to attend.

""Nevertheless, and contrary to popular perception, Romney's effective federal income tax rate is still above that of many Americans -- 80% of whom have an effective rate below 15%. That tax rate is higher when other federal taxes -- such as the payroll tax -- are included.
The reason Romney's rate is so low -- despite having one of the highest incomes in the country -- is because his income was derived almost entirely from capital gains and dividends from his extensive portfolio of investments. And that form of investment income is typically taxed at just 15%, well below the 35% top tax rate for high earners.
Another reason: He had extensive itemized deductions, which lowered his overall tax liability."

"Romney and his wife, Ann, gave away more than $7 million over the past two years -- or about 16% of their income. Of that, $4.1 million went to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to which they belong. "

Click below for the CNN story.....

What's in Mitt Romney's tax return - Jan. 24, 2012

klein

A nice littel Canadian quote I just found, from beautiful Victoria, British Columbia :

Victoria, British Columbia • 10 minutes ago
Buy companies - break them up into components - lay off all the workers - ship the job overseas/elsewhere and then get a investment tax break. Way to build a strong America. Way to go Mitt!​

moreluck

golden ticket member
If the Bain Co's of the world didn't buy companies and lay off some, but save the companies and some of the jobs....they would close down all together!! You'd rather they just go out of business alltogether??

These Bain-type companies buy firms that are in big trouble already and in danger of just shutting down completely.
You want them shut down, all people without jobs....that's what you really want??

You should also do some reading on venture capitalists and what exactly they do.

klein

Well, I always wanted to find out why some of our rich & famous Canadians tend to live south. I know it couldn't just be because of the colder winters..

They pay 15% less taxes on their savings and investments in the US. Simple as that.
It's a huge savings , depending how much money they have, but by just earning 1 Million in investments/savings, it saves them $150.000 per year. Easiely makes up for paying for their own healthcare insurance.

Here capital gains taxes are 30%, more than the average income tax paid by working for a living.
It's the opposite in the US.

klein

Awesome Sleeve !

It's right infront of thier faces, but this hardcore C9ners are so blind and will vote for him anyways.
He will get rid of capital taxes all together ! Goodie, goodie for those that are with UPS and other high middle incomers, that can save a few dollars tax free.
Surely the rich, like Romney himself, will never pay taxes ever again !

Leave it to the rest to make up for the short fall (the middle, hard working class).
Or introduce a National Sales Tax to support the rich not paying taxes. (5% on buying goods in America, is a lot cheaper than paying 15% tax, right Romney) ?

Awesome Sleeve !

It's right infront of thier faces, but this hardcore C9ners are so blind and will vote for him anyways.
He will get rid of capital taxes all together ! Goodie, goodie for those that are with UPS and other high middle incomers, that can save a few dollars tax free.
Surely the rich, like Romney himself, will never pay taxes ever again !

Leave it to the rest to make up for the short fall (the middle, hard working class).
Or introduce a National Sales Tax to support the rich not paying taxes. (5% on buying goods in America, is a lot cheaper than paying 15% tax, right Romney) ?
Keep ranting, the more you do the less you make sense and when you started at very little, you're in the negative numbers now.

klein

Keep ranting, the more you do the less you make sense and when you started at very little, you're in the negative numbers now.

I don't give a damn - you have all the right to defend low taxes for the rich - That's what America is built on, right ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll be very happy if the capital gains tax goes to zero. It'll affect me as it will many other people...............not just billionaires!!

klein

I'll be very happy if the capital gains tax goes to zero. It'll affect me as it will many other people...............not just billionaires!!

I don't mind either, A good place for retirement for people all around the world, including myself.
Sell the home, move to the US, live on tax free dividends and investments - and never pay a cent of taxes ever again !
Works for me ! :)

Let the American working people pay for infrastructure, policing, military, disabled people, etc.

I don't mind either, A good place for retirement for people all around the world, including myself.
Sell the home, move to the US, live on tax free dividends and investments - and never pay a cent of taxes ever again !
Works for me ! :)

Let the American working people pay for infrastructure, policing, military, disabled people, etc.
The American people are already paying for all that and more.