Monday, July 31; the perfect storm of stupid.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
In an ideal world, the IE man who pulls a stops-per-car metric out of his ass should then be required to report to the center in question for a week and man the phones as an OMS, that he may apply his superior wisdom and intellect towards solving any dispatch problems that might arise as the result of his calculations.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that one...
i was an OMS...

Over 70

I agree with @UpstateNYUPSer that this move is going to be one of the best moves UPS does. It sucks for us and will lose money at first but I sincerely think it's the right move for the "changing conditions"

RealPerson

It will Suck big time, at first. UPS stands to gain more volume, buy businesses offering Saturday delivery without the extra super high surcharge. Some programs when ordering online, didn't even offer UPS if the scheduled delivery date was a Saturday. This option over time should move to the top. Business / Corp accounts can be picked up on Saturday if they want for $9 (here anyway). This should catch on. I am part time, so my day Has packages from online orders that just sit on the dock till Monday. Some are Air... Quicker delivery.
Con for our building, is we can not even hire enough PT people to staff the normal work week...

tourists24

In an ideal world, the IE man who pulls a stops-per-car metric out of his ass should then be required to report to the center in question for a week and man the phones as an OMS, that he may apply his superior wisdom and intellect towards solving any dispatch problems that might arise as the result of his calculations.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that one...
IE guys don't work that way.... they are faceless cowards

ManInBrown

the bolded part....oh man that is in hyperdrive mode right now

the rest is kinda wrong, simply because as more typical days become available, the plan days for Monday will be readjusted and service will be (mostly) restored

at least, that's the theory if you have IE that care; otherwise, RIP you lmao
I.E. caring. LOL

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
IMG_0320.JPG

Grey

Was fuming when I was the highest seniority to be forced in. Two Saturday's so far and they've texted me to stay home. Heard it's been an absolute :censored2: show so I'll enjoy my 3-day weekend. Sorry not sorry.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My sister texted me last night at 8:46 pm that she had just received a parcel from UPS. Good thing was it was the drivers last stop. He still had about a half an hour ride back to the center. No frickin way any driver should be working that late on a Saturday in May.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well my dispatch sup came to me and discussed what will happen to my route on Mondays once we start Saturday deliveries. He has a plan that is actually pretty good...the only question in my mind is whether or not he will be allowed by IE to implement it. It involves cutting one route out of my loop, which is doable on a light volume day. But if he is forced by the idiot committee to cut two routes in order to hit stops-per-car, then the plan will fail. And fail hard. It all boils down to whether or not local management will be allowed to override an obviously hopeless mandate from IE in order to make service on the pickups.