Monday

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes, many routes will be cut today.
Many drivers will go out with more stops in an increased area.
Many drivers will work off the clock ahead of their scheduled start times, take short cuts, work through lunch and breaks and still get in at their usual time.
With this in mind, why wouldn't the company cut routes?
I'm sure in the twisted minds of these same drivers, they blame the union for "not doing anything about it".
Only when it is no longer profitable will it stop.

Indecisi0n

Yes, many routes will be cut today.
Many drivers will go out with more stops in an increased area.
Many drivers will work off the clock ahead of their scheduled start times, take short cuts, work through lunch and breaks and still get in at their usual time.
With this in mind, why wouldn't the company cut routes?
I'm sure in the twisted minds of these same drivers, they blame the union for "not doing anything about it".
Only when it is no longer profitable will it stop.

When will it no longer be profitable?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Today is going to be an ugly day on my center. I saw the "plan' they had set up on Friday, along with the available staffing, and it didnt look pretty.

Of course, since I am on VACATION for the next FOUR WEEKS....I really dont give a sh%t one way or the other. Hahahahahah!!!!

There are few joys in life that are better than waking up on a hot summer Monday morning at 7:00AM, starting to get out of bed, and then remembering that you arent going to have to go in to work for an entire month.

Its kind of hot outside today. I think I will turn my AC up a notch and take a nap now.

BrownArmy

I covered a route today which turned into a two-town route: complete disaster.

Not all the cuts from this route made the cut - I had over twenty packages not in EDD, including NDA and savers for businesses.

The stops that got added mostly made it on the truck, but somehow a lot of the stops added had my PAL but weren't in EDD.

I drove 47 miles on a 20-mile route, since I had to drive from town to town twice, to service all the business (still had one missed, for a school that wasn't in EDD but had my PAL).

Back to the building at 2015, they wanted me to go back out and help a cover driver who still had fifty stops (didn't happen).

That's logistics!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i covered a route today which turned into a two-town route: complete disaster.

Not all the cuts from this route made the cut - i had over twenty packages not in edd, including nda and savers for businesses.

The stops that got added mostly made it on the truck, but somehow a lot of the stops added had my pal but weren't in edd.

I drove 47 miles on a 20-mile route, since i had to drive from town to town twice, to service all the business (still had one missed, for a school that wasn't in edd but had my pal).

Back to the building at 2015, they wanted me to go back out and help a cover driver who still had fifty stops (didn't happen).

That's logistics!
02478-02476? :d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How can a company that has been doing this for so long be so pathetic at it? I ran into an air driver from another center today that was meeting a driver from my center with an Early AM. After that meet she had to meet another driver from another center 2 1/2 hours away to pick up an Early AM for her center. Does understaffing every operation really save us money?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My route wasnt cut but 2 neighboring routes were and i had stops from those routes. Made for a 10 hour day. I'm hoping to hit 10 hours a day all week( probably will since this our peak vacation week) and since I am on the 9.5 list it'll be a helluva good bonus when i file. CHA CHING!

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They cut the route next to mine and threw a bunch of business stops on me and a few NDA that I had no idea where they were at. It was great to finally start trace on my area after 1 PM. I got them for ten hours and I hope to file a over 9.5 by Wednesday.