Monday

QKRSTKR

I worked 11 hours yesterday helping plug our yard full of full trailers. Sunday sort running today, with more drivers bringing in stuff all day long. I picked up full 53 footers from rail yard and full 48s from CPU account. There was a ton of stuff at the rail yard. Ups trailers and containers everywhere. Glad I'm not in packages.

Wanted to say thanks to cachsux for all the pictures of the container pins. I know what to look for and make sure all are in good shape and secure. Then put on the all mighty zip tie. ;)

UPSGUY72

From the fact that at least 1/3 of my residential packages are Amazon.

What you read about will have a negligible effect on our Amazon volume. The Sunday service will be in two markets (LA and NYC), will be free for Prime members (with the standard shipping charge for all others) and will not make a dent in our Peak volume.

I don't see Sunday service panning out to well for the postal service.

Also towards the end of peak we will be getting more of those sure post packages (non Sunday service ) that the post office was going to get because the post office can't handle the volume of packages and they don't care if the packages sit for days before they get delivered they are not designed for it they are designed for letters.

On another note Wednesday my ORS met me on the road to bring out my helper pay check. While I was talking to him a guy can out of his house looking for his package. I told him I didn't have a package for his address he then said it said it was out for delivery. I said I'm sorry I don't have it it's getting delivered to the post office you'll most likely will be getting it Friday. I also threw in the you should call the company that your order it from and complain about the service. All right in front of my ORS.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Happens every year: We are slammed with work, start 45 (745am) mins early and always end up leaving at our normal time and they wonder why everyone is out so late.
When they say "start" 7:45, they don't mean drive out..they mean, you get in there and start loading since some PT's will be leaving. ;)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
t.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Its much cheaper to pay you 3 or 4 times the rate , of a part timer!
Well in this region, after 6 hours federal law says you take a 30 minute break. As a PT'er back in the day, myself and other rabblerousers pushed this issue quite a bit, as well as others. Including PT's not being required to work over five hours. Some people leave, some want breaks (rightfully so), among other things. Therefore on many levels UPS must pay the piper to spark those record profits. ;)

Well in this region, after 6 hours federal law says you take a 30 minute break. As a PT'er back in the day, myself and other rabblerousers pushed this issue quite a bit, as well as others. Including PT's not being required to work over five hours. Some people leave, some want breaks (rightfully so), among other things. Therefore on many levels UPS must pay the piper to spark those record profits. ;)
I was being sarcastic. they would sooner screw somebody out of a nickel and pay me an extra dollar...........Ill never understand UPS math!