Monday

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One must get a lobotomy first!
In reference to my PT sup's last job......
QnjcJ-1.jpg

UPSGUY72

Well in this region, after 6 hours federal law says you take a 30 minute break. As a PT'er back in the day, myself and other rabblerousers pushed this issue quite a bit, as well as others. Including PT's not being required to work over five hours. Some people leave, some want breaks (rightfully so), among other things. Therefore on many levels UPS must pay the piper to spark those record profits. ;)

This in no federal 30 min break rule that we have to follow. The 30 minute DOT rule doesn't apply to package car driver unless they break the 100 radius from there center. There are some state break laws that apply in certain states.

This in no federal 30 min break rule that we have to follow. The 30 minute DOT rule doesn't apply to package car driver unless they break the 100 radius from there center. There are some state break laws that apply in certain states.

Cause everyone knows you can't get fatigued in pkg cars within a 100 mile radius.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I meant state, not federal. thanks

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I would watch this closely. It's a big buzz in the industry.
Unless the deal falls flat for whatever reason, Amazon is poised to strategically ally with the USPS tighter and tighter over the next two years. Almost certainly, they will absorb more and more volume. Unless, as I said, something goes seriously wrong with the alliance.

I would not put it past Bezos to purchase his own package shipping company at some point. I know it sounds laughable now, but so did him buying a major newspaper 10 years ago. Anything is possible.

I'm glad I bought a boatload of Amazon stock years ago. It's been a fun ride!

Yeah, buying a newspaper. Talk about forward thinking. What's he buying next? A music company? Kodak? Compuserve?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Still not a real bright business decision. Even on-line, he is investing in a dinosaur.

Yes and no. I do agree that print newspapers are a dying breed; however, the online version can be updated as needed throughout the day and can be downloaded to your PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Marne Vet

I don't care what my dispatch says tomorrow. One stop at a time, and I move at my own pace. Get ready to pay some OT out of the ass!