Morning meetings. PCM's

Bad Gas!

I attended 2 out of 5 PCM's this week.I try to sneak to pkg car for quick exit after they give thier negative PCM...Last topic-time card 2 errors(which is not pulling clerk work off truck and writing it up the next day..big boo-could lead to termination..

Brownnblue

Current center manager never misses a chance for a condescending cheap shot; I feel it is really important for me to tune him out. I have a difficult, demanding job to do and if my mind is even slightly on him it could be a problem.

It's too bad because there are times when the information at the PCM is useful (scholarship information, for example) but it is often difficult to weed it out through the general disrespect.

helenofcalifornia

PCMs can give the driver some good info in the morning. Heads up on what's new at UPS, DIAD upgrades, our standing compared to other centers, etc. etc. etc. Mostly. I find it a good time to talk with fellow drivers who, for the most part, I won't see until the next morning, at the next PCM. This is a good time to exchange info on how they handle certain driving situations, if the ban on ordering new clothes is over, new restaurants out there, what did they do on the weekend, etc., etc., etc.
And the reason I do talk and not listen, is because who can hear what they are saying in the first place? There is such a loud echo or reverb no one can hear anything unless you are standing right next to speaker.