Management Focusing on Numbers

Thebrownblob

I don’t. I’ll leave the company with my head held high and I left it all on the field.
1709180240063.gif

Over70irregs

Nod. Yes sir. Is it Friday sir. I need a uniform sir. I need a new gas card sir. Mirrors dirty need new wipers sir. Where is the shoe shine kit sir. Why is my truck not wrapped up sir.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just wondering if anyone here is under the microscope. Got pulled into the office Monday morning for a little talkie talk about their stupid metrics. I haven’t changed anything about how I’m doing my job but all of a sudden I am over allowed every day. The crazy thing is I am not on the 9.5 list right now. In the past I was, I filed a ton of grievances for being over and they never said anything about my numbers. What is going on?
It's the "UPS Wheel of Management"
Corporate spun that sucker and it landed on "Run Scratch".

But not to worry, soon the wheel will be spun again and land on something else!

Johnny onthe Spot

Just wondering if anyone here is under the microscope. Got pulled into the office Monday morning for a little talkie talk about their stupid metrics. I haven’t changed anything about how I’m doing my job but all of a sudden I am over allowed every day. The crazy thing is I am not on the 9.5 list right now. In the past I was, I filed a ton of grievances for being over and they never said anything about my numbers. What is going on?
Management: Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

You: Yes sir, I’ll do my best work, I'll work on it, thank you 🫡

Work safely. Follow methods. Work as directed. Don't panic. Stay calm. You can't get disciplined for being over allowed.

PoirotAtUPS

A supervisor walked up to me again this morning with a piece of paper in hand. Says, “Hey can we chat for a minute?“ I said, ”With a shop steward present, yes.” He rolled his eyes and walked away. Came back 15 minutes later with a steward when I was about to leave center.

”You were 46 minutes over allowed yesterday.” I just said, ”Okay..?” He went on, “This is the sixth day in a row you’ve been over by more than a half hour.” (( they recently laid off the bid driver that works in the area next to me and permanently cut his route )) I told him that I was covering a larger area than normal and I’ve taken on an additional 25+ stops per day. He says, “We account for all of that. Can you tell me what you were doing for almost 20 minutes after 1600?“

I don’t have pick ups on my route anymore and I rarely get an on-demand, but I happened to get one yesterday and it was next day air. I told this idiot that I was dropping my on-demand air with the driver next to me who now has all my old pick ups. He grabs NDA from a bank every day so he has to go to our loop’s air drop, meaning I saved time by giving it to him because he is closer than our drop location. When I finished explaining myself I asked, “Did your metrics account for that?” This jerk replies, “That shouldn’t have cost you twenty minutes. Were you guys shooting the breeze?”

My shop steward could see I was getting agitated, he intervened and said “You’re grilling him over time, something we don’t have right now. Do you want to continue this nonsense or would you like late air? Because thats what you’re gonna get if we don’t get out of here now.” I politely asked this wonderful supervisor to come out on road with me anytime and show me how it’s done. To my surprise he said they were going to arrange it. This clown has less than 3 months behind the wheel of a package car, I have 7 years. I guess we will see how it goes when I follow the methods and run my route in trace. I’m not gonna let this guy cut corners, I will own this fool.
Stay strong - ignore the :censored2:wad

Shorts365

It's the "UPS Wheel of Management"
Corporate spun that sucker and it landed on "Run Scratch".

But not to worry, soon the wheel will be spun again and land on something else!
This explains why I magically went from being an hour overallowed daily, for years, to being half an hour under the beginning of February.

clean hairy

Will be interesting to see what happens when they bring a robot delivery driver into the office for being over allowed.
They going to threaten to send to send it to the scrap heap for not running scratch?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Happens every year or when the economy is bad

MrBates

don’t let these silly mangers bs you guys , they can change the “ route importance” numbers for any route making you run more over or more under ..it’s all a lie
🧔‍♂️✊
This. I think there is a lot of guys out there who don't realize HOW MUCH they can rig the numbers and dispatch. It's basically whatever they want. A few years back I got so fed up with their numbers bull:censored2: I just flat out told em "Don't ever talk to me about numbers again cause you know that can be manipulated. I will work as directed, safely, and efficiently....If that's not good enough, go ahead...good luck trying to fire me cause my attendance record says I've NEVER been late to work"

They pretty much left me alone after that.