Moving Locations: Question about negotiation

jsmith02

I have worked as a package handler at my current location for about 6-7 months. I am moving to a different state next week to go to school and will be applying as a package handler at the UPS there. (BTW:Gave 2 weeks notice and left my job on good terms) Upon re applying for a package handler job at my new location, is there any leniency i can negotiate in schedule? For example only working 4 days a week instead of 5. Have any of you had experience with this, or know their policy? Thanks.

I have worked as a package handler at my current location for about 6-7 months. I am moving to a different state next week to go to school and will be applying as a package handler at the UPS there. (BTW:Gave 2 weeks notice and left my job on good terms) Upon re applying for a package handler job at my new location, is there any leniency i can negotiate in schedule? For example only working 4 days a week instead of 5. Have any of you had experience with this, or know their policy? Thanks.
Nope.

HardknocksUPSer

If your just looking for a part time job while in college I suggest a grocery store if you want them to be lenient.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I have seen people with modified schedules plenty of times. But I worked at the airport and not a regular hub. Maybe try working at an airport gateway if you can.

clean hairy

You want to work only 4 days instead of 5.
You want UPS to come up with a personalized schedule just for you to accomodate you?
Good luck with that! lol!

jsmith02

lol you guys are some real hard asses. This is the easiest job i've ever worked for the pay so i don't want to leave, but i have class at 8 AM on Wednesdays as well as 6 PM so i wouldn't be able to work twilight or preload

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
s there any leniency i can negotiate in schedule? For example only working 4 days a week instead of 5.
No. It's a Monday-Friday job.
You want to walk in as the new kid and ask for special treatment?
Happens all the time. I had someone come in for a tour last week who told me she wanted the job, but she could only work 4 days a week and was going to take next week off. Okay bye.