Mr. Smith attends Obama"s meeting on fiscal cliff deficit

vantexan

Erm, they asked them. Last I heard, that's how polling works.

Erm, they asked all the Republicans and 49% said they thought ACORN stole it? I live in a very Republican area, listen to quite a few radio and tv shows. Haven't heard or seen anywhere other than one extreme former courier that anyone is saying the election was stolen. Nor is it being reported in newspapers that people are claiming that. Their supposition is just too ridiculous to take seriously but apparently some on the Left are.

Lordtekk

So "supplementals" are completely off the books? He can ask for them but no one has a clue what he did with them? Everything is accounted for, Bush did it by the book and on the book. He spent $4 Trillion in 8 years, and Obama even said so in a 2008 campaign speech. Sorry, saw the speech, accused Bush of risking our kids' future spending so much. And hey, Bush spent a hell of a lot. He wasn't a fiscal conservative. So what now, do we double down and go for broke? And lets's talk Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security. If you want to tax the rich, let's take everyone off those programs who make a certain amount, and reduce access to other higher paid individuals. And start collecting Social Security on all income, or at least a good deal higher than now. If workers help a company succeed, they should be the ones who get Social Security and Medicare, not those who own and/or run the companies. Lord knows the companies are taking away traditional pensions and other benefits. You see, you are talking out of your ass, presuming to know what's in every conservative's heart, spouting the same old liberal ideology. I'm very well aware of how greedy many are. Many Republicans keep spouting off about Social Security going bankrupt but the real problem in their minds is the matching funds they have to pay. If Social Security was strictly coming from employee pay checks you wouldn't hear a peep. But guess what, they aren't the only greedy ones. Way too many want their company or their government to fork over enough that they have a life of ease. Doesn't work that way, never will. If you aren't willing to start your own business, work 16+ hrs a day to make it grow, give others jobs, deal with all the regulations and taxes, etc then be content with what you have. If you aren't willing to work overtime, deal with work no one else wants, go the extra mile, etc then be content with what you have. No one owes you a living and it's your responsibility to make things happen for yourself, not the govt's, not your boss's, but your responsibility.
And you said I'm the one talking out of my ass ? How do you know what is in the minds of millions of people ? Were you elected to some office to represent them ? Are you an empath ? Liberal ideology ? At least I'm original,you still spew talking points from Fox News. You lost the election,you will never win the White House again,you will lose the Congress and you will go the way of the dodo bird. The majority of Americans do not share your viewpoints and do not like you. But you guys resort to insults,yup that's going to win elections. Another thing you guys never think you are wrong,you are the perfect example,you never shut up,you always have to have the last word.

Lordtekk

Nope, they are doing Gods work. It's obvious Jesus would have been a republican, they stand for exactly what Jesus taught, to a tee. That everyone is the same.
Jesus did not teach selfishness,greed,racism, he would have a liberal if there actually was ever a Jesus.

bbsam

Staff member
Nope, they are doing Gods work. It's obvious Jesus would have been a republican, they stand for exactly what Jesus taught, to a tee. That everyone is the same.
Oh, could you imagine Cantor and Norquist asking Jesus about taxes? It's not like he didn't answer that one before. "Give to Cesar what is Cesars..." So if Cesar calls for 39% taxes on the Pharisees, then that is what is to be paid, end of story.

bbsam

Staff member
How are those union teachers working out for you?
We like ours very well. Of course, my wife and I consider our childrens education to be our responsibility first and foremost and remain engaged with the school system to further that goal.

vantexan

And you said I'm the one talking out of my ass ? How do you know what is in the minds of millions of people ? Were you elected to some office to represent them ? Are you an empath ? Liberal ideology ? At least I'm original,you still spew talking points from Fox News. You lost the election,you will never win the White House again,you will lose the Congress and you will go the way of the dodo bird. The majority of Americans do not share your viewpoints and do not like you. But you guys resort to insults,yup that's going to win elections. Another thing you guys never think you are wrong,you are the perfect example,you never shut up,you always have to have the last word.

Love how you are always calling names and say I'm resorting to insults. You have no argument except to talk about FOX talking points. When the economy runs into the ditch the Repubs will win it back. People don't like fiscal austerity, but people will eventually realize it's necessary. Hope I'm actually eligible for this buyout so I can get on down the road before the train wreck.

vantexan

Oh, could you imagine Cantor and Norquist asking Jesus about taxes? It's not like he didn't answer that one before. "Give to Cesar what is Cesars..." So if Cesar calls for 39% taxes on the Pharisees, then that is what is to be paid, end of story.

We don't have a Cesar, although Obama would like to be...

vantexan

Jesus did not teach selfishness,greed,racism, he would have a liberal if there actually was ever a Jesus.

Jesus was above such things. He would not force anything on anyone, but rather expected personal responsibility and our taking care of our fellow man on an individual basis.

vantexan

Missed that "original" part. What's original about constantly harping that Republicans are racists, misogynists, homophobes? Y'all are always saying that to turn away the weak minded from common sense approaches to serious problems. If the Democrats stopped shelling out money to various groups would you still have a party? Your approach isn't about growth, raising all boats with a rising tide. It's about punishing the productive by taking from them and giving to others. That'll stifle the economy eventually. Look at California for a prime example.

hypo hanna

Erm, they asked all the Republicans and 49% said they thought ACORN stole it? I live in a very Republican area, listen to quite a few radio and tv shows. Haven't heard or seen anywhere other than one extreme former courier that anyone is saying the election was stolen. Nor is it being reported in newspapers that people are claiming that. Their supposition is just too ridiculous to take seriously but apparently some on the Left are.

So because they didn't ask you personally, it wasn't mentioned on the right wing nut radio and tv stations you listen to and none of your friends mentioned it, the poll is invalid? Apparently you really don't have a clue how polling works.

vantexan

So because they didn't ask you personally, it wasn't mentioned on the right wing nut radio and tv stations you listen to and none of your friends mentioned it, the poll is invalid? Apparently you really don't have a clue how polling works.

I'm well aware of how they take a sample, etc. So, you are of the opinion that if half of Republicans believed ACORN, a defunct organization no less, stole the election, or Democrats in general STOLE the election, that it's perfectly plausible that no one is saying it out loud? Seriously? Republicans would be screaming bloody murder with protests in the streets. The PPP is pushing BS and they get away with it because some people want to believe it.

hypo hanna

I'm well aware of how they take a sample, etc. So, you are of the opinion that if half of Republicans believed ACORN, a defunct organization no less, stole the election, or Democrats in general STOLE the election, that it's perfectly plausible that no one is saying it out loud? Seriously? Republicans would be screaming bloody murder with protests in the streets. The PPP is pushing BS and they get away with it because some people want to believe it.
If you want to challenge the results, come up with some facts. Your anecdotal evidence carries no weight. Their methodology has been peer reviewed and passed muster on accuracy and honesty in reporting.

Last edited:

vantexan

If you want to challenge the results, come up with some facts. Your anecdotal evidence carries no weight. Their methodology has been peer reviewed and passed muster on accuracy and honesty in reporting.

Turn on the horrid FOX news and see if they are talking about the election being stolen. Listen to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. It's not happening, never happened. This is just more of the same demonizing Republicans that goes on with every liberal outlet. You so want to believe it's true you accept it. They may have gotten the election right, doesn't mean they aren't pushing an agenda.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Turn on the horrid FOX news and see if they are talking about the election being stolen. Listen to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. It's not happening, never happened. This is just more of the same demonizing Republicans that goes on with every liberal outlet. You so want to believe it's true you accept it. They may have gotten the election right, doesn't mean they aren't pushing an agenda.

Hannity, Rush and Romney are pushing the new GOP mantra of "free stuff" and Obama Claus. The fact that they are in unison points to an agreed-upon tactic by Republicans to explain their losses. The problem is that it won't work with an ever more diverse electorate. The "free market" you guys love so much has spoken, yet you're still trying to sell the same garbage products that have been rejected over and over again. Same talking points, same bad ideas.

Apparently, Republicans have learned nothing, and that's OK with me.