Mr. Smith attends Obama"s meeting on fiscal cliff deficit

Lordtekk

Cesar Chavez had goons at the border beating illegals to keep them from taking union farm jobs.

B.S. that was written by Tom Tancredo the most anti-immigration racist a..hole,who has no credibility nor is he a historian he is a damn liar. Dude you need better sources and not racists. By the way you also should cite your sources because people will assume you are actually smart and not copying and pasting or repeating all the right wing B.S. sites.

vantexan

Cesar Chavez had goons at the border beating illegals to keep them from taking union farm jobs.

B.S. that was written by Tom Tancredo the most anti-immigration racist a..hole,who has no credibility nor is he a historian he is a damn liar. Dude you need better sources and not racists. By the way you also should cite your sources because people will assume you are actually smart and not copying and pasting or repeating all the right wing B.S. sites.

Boy this is just too easy. Google Cesar Chavez beating illegals to pull up numerous accounts including Rubin Navarette at CNN.com. Navarette isn't a conservative and is probably the most respected Hispanic journalist in the country. Educate yourself before casting aspersions and you won't come off sounding like what you call others.

vantexan

By the way, I often shop at a Fiesta Grocery Store, 100 percent hispanic, that drive very nice cars, better than what I have.....

They opened one of those in Plainview, TX on a rt I used to cover out of Lubbock. Loved going there on my lunch break. Funny how the liberal white know it alls like to stereotype people. And call us racists!

Lordtekk

Boy this is just too easy. Google Cesar Chavez beating illegals to pull up numerous accounts including Rubin Navarette at CNN.com. Navarette isn't a conservative and is probably the most respected Hispanic journalist in the country. Educate yourself before casting aspersions and you won't come off sounding like what you call others.
Is that code word ? Because he is hispanic he knows better ? It's true because he is hispanic ? By the way I did do that and guess who is at the top,Tom Tancredo a racist. Let's see the Examiner Racist,The American Conservative also racist. Maybe you should use google yourself.

In 1973, the United Farm Workers set up a "wet line" along the United States-Mexico border to prevent Mexican immigrants from entering the United States illegally and potentially undermining the UFW's unionization efforts.[16] During one such event in which Chávez was not involved, some UFW members, under the guidance of Chávez's cousin Manuel, physically attacked the strikebreakers, after attempts to peacefully persuade them not to cross the border failed.

Maybe you should read the actual events instead of reading what right wing racists interpret as fact.

Lordtekk

They opened one of those in Plainview, TX on a rt I used to cover out of Lubbock. Loved going there on my lunch break. Funny how the liberal white know it alls like to stereotype people. And call us racists!
You are racists the Republic Party is racist,by the way I'm not a white Liberal. Wild Guess what I am.

vantexan

Is that code word ? Because he is hispanic he knows better ? It's true because he is hispanic ? By the way I did do that and guess who is at the top,Tom Tancredo a racist. Let's see the Examiner Racist,The American Conservative also racist. Maybe you should use google yourself.

In 1973, the United Farm Workers set up a "wet line" along the United States-Mexico border to prevent Mexican immigrants from entering the United States illegally and potentially undermining the UFW's unionization efforts.[16] During one such event in which Chávez was not involved, some UFW members, under the guidance of Chávez's cousin Manuel, physically attacked the strikebreakers, after attempts to peacefully persuade them not to cross the border failed.

Maybe you should read the actual events instead of reading what right wing racists interpret as fact.

Just went back and checked...Googled Cesar Chavez beating illegals...didn't see Tom Tancredo but so what....if Adolph Hitler said the sky was blue would you argue no it isn't, that Hitler guy is a racist? I watched a PBS documentary about 10 years ago that discussed this. And I think Rubin Navarette, who lives near the border and writes on Hispanic issues, is in a much better position than you are to comment. What you quoted above doesn't mean anything. I didn't say Chavez was physically involved, I said he ordered goons to the border to drive away illegals, including beating them. He didn't want illegals brought in to work while his unionized farm workers were on strike. Are you saying Navarette and CNN are racists too? The civil rights era was rife with Democrats doing racist things and you can't say that those Democrats would be Republicans today because Chavez was a union organizer. Robert Byrd was a big mucky muck in the KKK and he never switched parties. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it must be a...

MAKAVELI

Just went back and checked...Googled Cesar Chavez beating illegals...didn't see Tom Tancredo but so what....if Adolph Hitler said the sky was blue would you argue no it isn't, that Hitler guy is a racist? I watched a PBS documentary about 10 years ago that discussed this. And I think Rubin Navarette, who lives near the border and writes on Hispanic issues, is in a much better position than you are to comment. What you quoted above doesn't mean anything. I didn't say Chavez was physically involved, I said he ordered goons to the border to drive away illegals, including beating them. He didn't want illegals brought in to work while his unionized farm workers were on strike. Are you saying Navarette and CNN are racists too? The civil rights era was rife with Democrats doing racist things and you can't say that those Democrats would be Republicans today because Chavez was a union organizer. Robert Byrd was a big mucky muck in the KKK and he never switched parties. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it must be a...

To even mention Chavez and Hitler in the same paragraph is just stupid. Chavez was a civil rights leader in the Latino community who was loved and celebrated by many. Hitler was a mass murderer responsible for unimaginable acts. Big difference there.

vantexan

To even mention Chavez and Hitler in the same paragraph is just stupid. Chavez was a civil rights leader in the Latino community who was loved and celebrated by many. Hitler was a mass murderer responsible for unimaginable acts. Big difference there.

I wasn't comparing him to Hitler, just saying if Tancredo said something that was true, would it be any less true because he's, as Lord Trekkie said, a racist? The said event happened long before Tancredo ever said anything about it in public, and there's plenty of documentation of it. But because Tancredo is a right wing bomb thrower, then it mustn't be true, never mind taking the time to read up on it from other, more credible sources. My reference to Hitler pertained to Tancredo, not Chavez, but you are looking to discredit me any way possible. This is the kind of spin that is so blatant on liberal websites and talk shows it makes me wonder how you can keep up with it all.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wasn't comparing him to Hitler, just saying if Tancredo said something that was true, would it be any less true because he's, as Lord Trekkie said, a racist? The said event happened long before Tancredo ever said anything about it in public, and there's plenty of documentation of it. But because Tancredo is a right wing bomb thrower, then it mustn't be true, never mind taking the time to read up on it from other, more credible sources. My reference to Hitler pertained to Tancredo, not Chavez, but you are looking to discredit me any way possible. This is the kind of spin that is so blatant on liberal websites and talk shows it makes me wonder how you can keep up with it all.

No spin on those blatantly "fair and balanced" websites or networks.

vantexan

No spin on those blatantly "fair and balanced" websites or networks.

I see them invite liberals on to their programs all the time to give their views and debate them. Sometimes the liberal guest gets the upper hand, and you know it when the host quickly changes the subject. Doesn't happen often though. Just don't see this on MSNBC and other places because, from what I've seen over the years, liberals dearly try to control the msg. Which is why they have so much trouble with the very existence of FOX.

Lordtekk

I see them invite liberals on to their programs all the time to give their views and debate them. Sometimes the liberal guest gets the upper hand, and you know it when the host quickly changes the subject. Doesn't happen often though. Just don't see this on MSNBC and other places because, from what I've seen over the years, liberals dearly try to control the msg. Which is why they have so much trouble with the very existence of FOX.
I could care less about Fox,but like a good Republic Party member you never know when to shut up do you ? Proved wrong and you can't admit it,always have to have the last word. Again what you speak is B.S. you are not of spanish speaking descent,just because you know a few means nothing,you are not one and Rubio and Goldie do not represent the majority.

vantexan

I could care less about Fox,but like a good Republic Party member you never know when to shut up do you ? Proved wrong and you can't admit it,always have to have the last word. Again what you speak is B.S. you are not of spanish speaking descent,just because you know a few means nothing,you are not one and Rubio and Goldie do not represent the majority.

Know a few, related to a few, lived in a few places on the border. Where was I proved wrong again? And I will be moving to Latin America in two years, or as soon as my two dogs pass after that. The beauty of this forum is that my posts can be compared with your posts and people can decide for themselves. It's odd that you don't care about FOX when you bring them and their "talking points" up all the time.

Lordtekk

Know a few, related to a few, lived in a few places on the border. Where was I proved wrong again? And I will be moving to Latin America in two years, or as soon as my two dogs pass after that. The beauty of this forum is that my posts can be compared with your posts and people can decide for themselves. It's odd that you don't care about FOX when you bring them and their "talking points" up all the time.
Being related by marriage does not count home boy,I guess in Texas everyone is part Hispanic like in Florida everyone is related to Native Americans. And exactly let the people compare,but I don't see anyone jumping to your defense. I see all of Fox's talking points on a site who publishes Fox's daily talking points. Ahhh Latin America the bastion of Conservatism. That's golden.

vantexan

Being related by marriage does not count home boy,I guess in Texas everyone is part Hispanic like in Florida everyone is related to Native Americans. And exactly let the people compare,but I don't see anyone jumping to your defense. I see all of Fox's talking points on a site who publishes Fox's daily talking points. Ahhh Latin America the bastion of Conservatism. That's golden.

My bilingual Hispanic cousins would disagree. Again, where did you me prove wrong? Calling me names doesn't prove anything. And again, my mother's family is mostly Cherokee. Do you take pride in your heritage? I hope so. You can list "talking points" all you want but what you are really doing is listing common sense ideas and measures for which you have no valid alternative to so you just put them down. Your party is spending us into oblivion, and it'll be apparent soon enough to everyone. And somehow you'll try to spin it that it was the Republicans who forced them to do it.

Goldilocks

Well I am, and so is my husband who is from Mexico..Who came into our country the right way....Lets see, bet you are a NewYor Rican.....Born in this country and claims to be full blooded hispanic.....You in no way represents the Hispanic Culture....You want what the rich have but dont want to work for it.....You want OBAMACLAUS.