Multiple direct deposit accounts

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mike1646, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

How can I add a second direct deposit account? I've been asking around and no one really knows

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I went to upsers to make sure before I answered. You can only add or edit one primary direct deposit account online. You can ask your supervisor but I don't think you can have more than one direct deposit account. What you can do is set up a withdrawal from your paycheck to the second account or simply transfer the money yourself online between accounts.

3. 'Lord Brown's bidding'

'Lord Brown's bidding' Well-Known Member

I direct deposit to 3 separate checking accounts. You'll need to get a form from HR to add more accounts; only one can be done online. As long as you know the routing number to your bank you'll havr no problems.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

Thank you for the info. Dave.

5. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

The form for mutiple accounts is on UPSers. Type "direct deposit" in the search box. Listed on right under related files.

6. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

Thanks for the good info. I asked my sup and he told me he had to email payroll in Texas to find out and that was 3 weeks ago.

7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

MY check goes to three different banks accounts. Ask you HR rep for the paper work they have it.

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Or you could do it like I do and I have my check direct deposit into my own personal account and tehn I have my bank depositing $xxx into our joint checking account in another bank.

9. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

Free checking account requires direct deposit so transferring between accounts is not an option if I want to keep it free

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Sorry, you didn't mention that. Good luck. I belong to a Credit Union so none of those stupid extra fees.

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My check goes directly to my wifes checking acct.

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I like your wife. She's very smart! :wink2:

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I liked her too......at least for the 3 minutes I had with her.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

It was nice of you to cuddle with her for 2 of those minutes.:wink2:

15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Great! Now I have to beat that performance.

16. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I also deposit into 3 accounts. Be aware that once You have it set up, changing the amounts can be a headache. When I changed the amounts, I ended up getting one live check and it had to be reissued, because I did not catch it and never deposited it.

I like depositing right into savings. I never miss it and at $200 per week, it builds nicely.

17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.