must ask permission to go to the restroom

P

pickup

City Driver, you put the Pee in UPS.:sick: Here's your updated equipment. Oh, and you may want to see your Dr, as frequent urination may mean that you may have diabetes. If you have to go bad enough that you just drop your zipper and go, you may have a problem.

Diabetes insipidus (DI) is a condition characterized by excessive thirst and excretion of large amounts of urine.

those pictures are great. Looks like someone is putting his vacation time to good use.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
they spelled overnite wrong:peaceful:
Is this better? I went old school for ya.

attachment.php

those pictures are great. Looks like someone is putting his vacation time to good use.
I'm unable to go on a real vacation, as I'm waiting to close on our house and my Wife just lost her Grandfather. Her Dad lost both of his parents within months of each other.:sad-little:
pampersovernite1.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: use of ipods..

i thought it was illegal to even drive a car with headphones on
It is, but driving a commercial vehicle is by far the greater of the 2 evils, or is it? I'm almost positive that there are laws against public urination, but that doesn't stop some people.:surprised:

City Driver

It is, but driving a commercial vehicle is by far the greater of the 2 evils, or is it? I'm almost positive that there are laws against public urination, but that doesn't stop some people.:surprised:

our yard looks like this

UPS-Freight.jpg

take your pic:happy-very:

by the way i wish i could get one of those new volvos

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

If I had to choose between that bathroom and the yard.................... sorry, I would have to choose the yard.

Brownnblue

If Supervisor is present at all times during the operation...and he directs the work group numerous times to inform him before leaving to the restroom (And has this PCM documented or even done in front of a steward)...and you walk right past him one night while his back is turned burdening all the problems of his employees, operation, customers and bosses...Well, you better believe if this supervisor is worth his salt, you will have some documentation headed your way. It maybe be progressive discipline. Or maybe something along the lines of failing to work as directed...Either or, I doubt UPS would be worried much about you suing the company.

Management cannot tell you yes or no in regards to using the bathroom. I believe that has already been established. And you would of known that had you took the time to read. Management, however, can monitor the length of time and amount of time used for restroom breaks. And in that case, the employee better be prepared to retrieve a doctors note.

Like Tie Guy mention, its pretty clear to me that the supervisor is trying to prevent certain employees from taking advantage of the entire work group. Unfortunately for the supervisor, having the courage to try and make things fair for everyone (Company/Union Employees), he is probably being targeted and labeled a overzealous supervisor by his work group (And I am sure he is probably being called worse things then that.)

Apologies for not coming in or commenting sooner.....

For starters, is it really that clear that the supervisor is responding to being taken advantage of? I had the unfortunate dilemma of having to urinate after a PCM at the same time a former center manager had the same urge. Eight minutes later, the Steward came up to me to inform me that the center manager had told him that I had to "pee on my time, not the company's." This had nothing to do with fairness or courage, it had everything to do with power & disrespecting a worker. It might also be worth mentioning that this was the first time the center manager had spoken to the steward about my "performance" during his tenure. So perhaps he most certainly did wake up and feel the need to gig me at this opportunity.

Secondly, exactly what is considered "appropriate total duration" of time in the restroom? (Given my knowledge of anatomy and physiology, I have a real difficult time calling it a "privilege") And does this time take into account the individuals circumstances. I get up early in the morning and exercise to keep my body in shape to deal with supervisors like Tie who give competent, industrious employees more work. These workouts require that I drink plenty of water early in the morning. I also have a particular diet which forces me to urinate more frequently. PCMs frequently revolve around health and hydration; you can't have it both ways.

Thirdly, exactly what, when, and why does an employee need a doctor's note for bathroom use? Many factors come into play here, such as age, weather, diet, stress, and fitness. And if an employee came in with a doctor's note for a medical condition that caused frequent restroom usage, like say for an enlarged prostate, does that employee run the risk of being "put on the radar"?

Fourth, if there is a problem in this area with one or a small percentage of workers in the group, what on earth is wrong with addressing only them? I would find a PCM on the subject of basic human functions disrespectful and degrading, not to mention a waste of my time. Sorry, I don't share your opinion that the supervisor is the "heroic victim" trying to make a fair workplace here.

over9five

Staff member
I still don't believe it. Just cold water at the sinks? You guys can't possibly believe he snapped that picture at his barn. He googled "dirty restroom" so he'd have an excuse for his uncleanliness.

Solidarity413

Apologies for not coming in or commenting sooner.....

For starters, is it really that clear that the supervisor is responding to being taken advantage of? I had the unfortunate dilemma of having to urinate after a PCM at the same time a former center manager had the same urge. Eight minutes later, the Steward came up to me to inform me that the center manager had told him that I had to "pee on my time, not the company's." This had nothing to do with fairness or courage, it had everything to do with power & disrespecting a worker. It might also be worth mentioning that this was the first time the center manager had spoken to the steward about my "performance" during his tenure. So perhaps he most certainly did wake up and feel the need to gig me at this opportunity.

Secondly, exactly what is considered "appropriate total duration" of time in the restroom? (Given my knowledge of anatomy and physiology, I have a real difficult time calling it a "privilege") And does this time take into account the individuals circumstances. I get up early in the morning and exercise to keep my body in shape to deal with supervisors like Tie who give competent, industrious employees more work. These workouts require that I drink plenty of water early in the morning. I also have a particular diet which forces me to urinate more frequently. PCMs frequently revolve around health and hydration; you can't have it both ways.

Thirdly, exactly what, when, and why does an employee need a doctor's note for bathroom use? Many factors come into play here, such as age, weather, diet, stress, and fitness. And if an employee came in with a doctor's note for a medical condition that caused frequent restroom usage, like say for an enlarged prostate, does that employee run the risk of being "put on the radar"?

Fourth, if there is a problem in this area with one or a small percentage of workers in the group, what on earth is wrong with addressing only them? I would find a PCM on the subject of basic human functions disrespectful and degrading, not to mention a waste of my time. Sorry, I don't share your opinion that the supervisor is the "heroic victim" trying to make a fair workplace here.

Wow, nice post!

P

pickup

I must say, that is my reaction as well, dilli. When I saw that apology, this ran through my mind:

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And the driver of the city and the inhabitor of the highlands of the new state of York shall break bread together.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Okay! I added the last sentence(it sounds like out of nostradamus' writings)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I must say, that is my reaction as well, dilli. When I saw that apology, this ran through my mind:

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And the driver of the city and the inhabitor of the highlands of the new state of York shall break bread together.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Okay! I added the last sentence(it sounds like out of nostradamus' writings)
Upstate isn't a bad guy. IMPO It just takes time to get to know him. :happy2: