My computer died

ooky

frozen canuck
First of all,it's me DS not ooky.Well it finally happened...about 9 years ago I had 2 computers built when we bought our house and both totally cacked out in the last 3 months.You lose google you lose touch with reality.I really want to get us each an apple.
We dont really have the money,but over time,it would probably pay off.
We really dont need laptops,gimmie some advice.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
First of all,it's me DS not ooky.Well it finally happened...about 9 years ago I had 2 computers built when we bought our house and both totally cacked out in the last 3 months.You lose google you lose touch with reality.I really want to get us each an apple.
We dont really have the money,but over time,it would probably pay off.
We really dont need laptops,gimmie some advice.
When you get your new junk....make sure I have your e-mail if it gets changed....don't want to lose touch!!

Try the Apple refurbished section in their online store. I was getting an iPad for the youngest son and the sales lady I was getting advice from said she has never bought new. The stuff has had any repairs made, new batteries,screen glass and cases, and in my case have the same warranty as new. I got it for half the price of new and used the savings to buy an extended warranty.

Its at least worth a look and phone call.

ooky

frozen canuck
Try the Apple refurbished section in their online store. I was getting an iPad for the youngest son and the sales lady I was getting advice from said she has never bought new. The stuff has had any repairs made, new batteries,screen glass and cases, and in my case have the same warranty as new. I got it for half the price of new and used the savings to buy an extended warranty.

Its at least worth a look and phone call.
I get this...I like your idea but...toi save $300 I get this...
Refurbished iMac - Apple Store (Canada)

klein

Für Meno :)
I have hp on my facebook, they have awesome deals every week. Free shipping, great laptops at less than $500, need a link ?

Nevermind here is one for you :)

Beats audio in a super mobile laptop

Not only is our dm1 a powerful and super mobile laptop, it includes Dr. Dre’s Beats Audio for only $449.99 after $70 instant rebate. Did we mention you get free shipping too?
app_full_proxy.php
HP Pavilion dm1-4160ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Shopping.CA
HP Pavilion dm1-4160ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Shopping.CA

yeldarb

We are still using the apple we bought in 2004. We have never had any problems with it... Costs more up front, less down the road.

gostillerz

I use a Mac mini that's hooked up to my 42" TV with a wireless keyboard and trackpad. It's mostly used as a home theater pc. You can get a refurb one for around $500 I think. Have an ipad as well. If you need a full fledged computer, these are very nice. If you only use it for basic tasks, go for an iPad and maybe an Apple tv.

Apple stuff is more money, but the resale value is ridiculous. 5 year old Mac mini's still go for $400 on Craigslist.

gostillerz

If you decide on the mini, the newer models don't have optical drives, but externals are cheap. Stay away from Core 2 duo processor models, go for i5 or i7 with base RAM. Apple charges a ton for an upgrade that is much cheaper if you do yourself, and it's easy. Let me know if you have any questions DM.

DS

Fenderbender
Update
I took out a 2nd mortgage and bought a macbook pro.:)
I went for the 15 inch 2.3 gig hard drive,without the retina display.
It's like learning to ride a bike on mars.
I love how fast it is,and how intuitive it is,but it's really hard to navigate after using
windows for 15 years.I will figure it out though.