Got bit two days ago

upsmuzakphreek

Just give the coyote more rockets
I am twelve years in and last 5 have been full time in package car as cover driver. I have bitten twice prior to Thursday 2.21.18. I need advice on what to do: I was delivering at 1330 in a rural area, stops about .25 to .5 miles apart, nice day, everything going perfect other than the ammount of ice on driveways, roads etc. I had checked my diad at the previous stop, saw that my next two deliveries were both places with dogs(not noted in diad, just going from memory) with the second of the two being more notorious for having the dogs run free.
I pulled to block in drive of first stop, (telematics was our pcm, our building was 78 out of 79 in the flavor of the month club so i opted to be a good little ant and cut down my backs), noticed a different car than normal in drive, selected package and headed to porch to deliver. I DO NOT ring bell at this stop nor do i knock as that tends to send the dog into a tizzy; scuffing up the door and floor. My foot is on 2nd step of porch when door opens with the bare arm of the 11 to 13 year old juts out of the 3 inch crack between door and jamb.
Taken aback, (my foot was on second step but my mind was thinking about next stop with multiple dogs and errant owners ), I reacted by trying to hand package to kid knowing that dog is in house. Needless to say, wrong idea, however, at time i needed to make a decision quick because i knew that dog was aggressive and I didn't hear him. Next second, dog (Bernese mountain dog) knocks kid over as it pours out of the 3 inch crack between door and jamb; 100 lbs of prime age dog with no affinity for strangers. I hop completely on to porch with my back to a corner, doing a dance to get diad back from pouch into hand and keep cujo down from me. I am almost 6'3" and 240 lbs of muscle wrapped in middle age flab, i am thankful that dog was not bigger because his first lunge and near miss almost pushed me down. Instead he got my finger that was on the hand that was fumbling for diad purchase, his second lunge, I was not so fortunate.
Cujo thought that my tool was intimidating and tried to take it back an inch, for the first time in my forty five years, i attempted to twerk which saved my baby maker from more harm. However, the thought ran through my head head, "this dog bit my penis and i am going to die up here on some strangers porch because i can't get my diad". Dog lunges forward again, i kick and twist to avoid a second bite to the wang center, dog gets left inner thigh instead. I finally get hand through loop of diad and set about trying to get back to truck that is less than 35 ice covered feet away.
The preteen broke out of shock from being knocked down, grabs package and throws it at dog. Probably saved my life or at least saved me from being mauled worse, I am grateful for that. The distraction allowed me to focus, yell at the beast to go lay down and navigate a break to the truck across icey drive while never letting eyes on dog go. Slammed truck door shut, dog barking and up against door, called center from cell phone while fishing for my member to make certain that everything was still there. A quick spit shine, revealed a little breaking of the skin and breaking/abrasions to inner thigh however nothing monumental. Finally get hold of ors, we exchange some words of the situation, he asks if i can finish day as he has no one in area that would be able to clen up my remaining 60 stops and 8 pickups. Its also an hour and a half to center. I say okay and finish day. Put the 8 seconds of terror in a little closet in my mind, bust out day, go home, walk in clinic closed, doctors closed friday, er would pull me out of work for a month so i decide to go to walkin clinic friday after work in which 6 out of 24 drivers took off with another being taken off rd after getting six stiches in had due to dishwashing incident (hahaha).
Delivery goes slower than normal on Friday, as I try to get in touch with home owner, sheriff department, and bang out my deliveries. I finally get a hold of home owner wife, who is apologetic and gives the normal rasher of the dog only gets that way with delivery guys and big trucks that drive by. I am only concerned about the dogs shot record. She says that her husband will have them where he works at the town office, as the town mgr. For some reason I begin to hear alarm bells in back of mind.
So to cutdown the length of the story a bit, i have heard rumors now that I am not the first to get in a tussle with the dog. Apparently the Schawns guy has had problems and a painter was bit there but it has been hushed over. I have reported the incident to sheriff/state pd as i cannot have this happen to another driver, (my thoughts go back to the junior driver who almost wound up on run, he is probably 5'4" and 120lbs soaking wet with leg weights on) or any of our other drivers or even the kid of the house. My questions are: should i seek legal action to ensure that something is done and what more can i do.

I realize there is a tad bit of humor in this post and I am grateful that i will probably walk away with only scar unless the urologist has something different to say when i see him. However I am not making light of the situation.

ManInBrown

Seek legal action? Ummm yes. You should have called the police right then and there to have a police report made. Should have messaged the center, just got bit. Calling police. I had a dog run thru his electric fence, onto the neighbors property which I was on and bit me in my elbow. Didn’t even break skin. Got $5500. I am now traumatized anytime I make deliveries with dogs. It turns into a mental thing. I was never afraid of dogs before.

upsmuzakphreek

Seek legal action? Ummm yes. You should have called the police right then and there to have a police report made. Should have messaged the center, just got bit. Calling police. I had a dog run thru his electric fence, onto the neighbors property which I was on and bit me in my elbow. Didn’t even break skin. Got $5500. I am now traumatized anytime I make deliveries with dogs. It turns into a mental thing. I was never afraid of dogs before.

Dr.Brownz

I am twelve years in and last 5 have been full time in package car as cover driver. I have bitten twice prior to Thursday 2.21.18. I need advice on what to do: I was delivering at 1330 in a rural area, stops about .25 to .5 miles apart, nice day, everything going perfect other than the ammount of ice on driveways, roads etc. I had checked my diad at the previous stop, saw that my next two deliveries were both places with dogs(not noted in diad, just going from memory) with the second of the two being more notorious for having the dogs run free.
I pulled to block in drive of first stop, (telematics was our pcm, our building was 78 out of 79 in the flavor of the month club so i opted to be a good little ant and cut down my backs), noticed a different car than normal in drive, selected package and headed to porch to deliver. I DO NOT ring bell at this stop nor do i knock as that tends to send the dog into a tizzy; scuffing up the door and floor. My foot is on 2nd step of porch when door opens with the bare arm of the 11 to 13 year old juts out of the 3 inch crack between door and jamb.
Taken aback, (my foot was on second step but my mind was thinking about next stop with multiple dogs and errant owners ), I reacted by trying to hand package to kid knowing that dog is in house. Needless to say, wrong idea, however, at time i needed to make a decision quick because i knew that dog was aggressive and I didn't hear him. Next second, dog (Bernese mountain dog) knocks kid over as it pours out of the 3 inch crack between door and jamb; 100 lbs of prime age dog with no affinity for strangers. I hop completely on to porch with my back to a corner, doing a dance to get diad back from pouch into hand and keep cujo down from me. I am almost 6'3" and 240 lbs of muscle wrapped in middle age flab, i am thankful that dog was not bigger because his first lunge and near miss almost pushed me down. Instead he got my finger that was on the hand that was fumbling for diad purchase, his second lunge, I was not so fortunate.
Cujo thought that my tool was intimidating and tried to take it back an inch, for the first time in my forty five years, i attempted to twerk which saved my baby maker from more harm. However, the thought ran through my head head, "this dog bit my penis and i am going to die up here on some strangers porch because i can't get my diad". Dog lunges forward again, i kick and twist to avoid a second bite to the wang center, dog gets left inner thigh instead. I finally get hand through loop of diad and set about trying to get back to truck that is less than 35 ice covered feet away.
The preteen broke out of shock from being knocked down, grabs package and throws it at dog. Probably saved my life or at least saved me from being mauled worse, I am grateful for that. The distraction allowed me to focus, yell at the beast to go lay down and navigate a break to the truck across icey drive while never letting eyes on dog go. Slammed truck door shut, dog barking and up against door, called center from cell phone while fishing for my member to make certain that everything was still there. A quick spit shine, revealed a little breaking of the skin and breaking/abrasions to inner thigh however nothing monumental. Finally get hold of ors, we exchange some words of the situation, he asks if i can finish day as he has no one in area that would be able to clen up my remaining 60 stops and 8 pickups. Its also an hour and a half to center. I say okay and finish day. Put the 8 seconds of terror in a little closet in my mind, bust out day, go home, walk in clinic closed, doctors closed friday, er would pull me out of work for a month so i decide to go to walkin clinic friday after work in which 6 out of 24 drivers took off with another being taken off rd after getting six stiches in had due to dishwashing incident (hahaha).
Delivery goes slower than normal on Friday, as I try to get in touch with home owner, sheriff department, and bang out my deliveries. I finally get a hold of home owner wife, who is apologetic and gives the normal rasher of the dog only gets that way with delivery guys and big trucks that drive by. I am only concerned about the dogs shot record. She says that her husband will have them where he works at the town office, as the town mgr. For some reason I begin to hear alarm bells in back of mind.
So to cutdown the length of the story a bit, i have heard rumors now that I am not the first to get in a tussle with the dog. Apparently the Schawns guy has had problems and a painter was bit there but it has been hushed over. I have reported the incident to sheriff/state pd as i cannot have this happen to another driver, (my thoughts go back to the junior driver who almost wound up on run, he is probably 5'4" and 120lbs soaking wet with leg weights on) or any of our other drivers or even the kid of the house. My questions are: should i seek legal action to ensure that something is done and what more can i do.

I realize there is a tad bit of humor in this post and I am grateful that i will probably walk away with only scar unless the urologist has something different to say when i see him. However I am not making light of the situation.
YES SEEK LEGAL ACTION IMMEDIATELY. HAVE YOUR LAWYER TELL THEM MAKE THIS RIGHT OR WE ARE GOING TO BEND YOU OVER

upsmuzakphreek

Yeah, with out a doubt, NOT contacting authorities was the 2nd dumbest thing i did that day. Medical attention should have been number one. I, too, love dogs and have an awesome one with me now. Its all the other dogs that get to me

Dr.Brownz

I know guys who have gotten more than that for just as minor of incidents. I have zero tolerance for this kind of crap. If the dog isn't 100% friendly, I don't even bother trying to deliver there. NR or ECD or missed or however the management clowns want it sheeted and I bring it back. No I will not meet the customer on road, they have proven they don't care about my safety.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
hqg-565-520x245.gif

You got your D* bit and kept working? friend* that noise

ManInBrown

Dog bite cases are pretty standard. It goes thru homeowners. You can still sue but you should have contacted the police. Call a lawyer first thing tomorrow morning.

Call a lawyer and collect a check

ManInBrown

Let me give you a word of advice for future deliveries who have dogs inside the house. If it’s Sig Req ring bell and knock, then pull on the door towards you, so when they come they can’t open it. Instruct them to not open door until dog is put away. I don’t care if they tell me the dog is harmless. I don’t let go of that door until the dog is away.

upsmuzakphreek

Let me give you a word of advice for future deliveries who have dogs inside the house. If it’s Sig Req ring bell and knock, then pull on the door towards you, so when they come they can’t open it. Instruct them to not open door until dog is put away. I don’t care if they tell me the dog is harmless. I don’t let go of that door until the dog is away.
Yeah, i get that. Normally, i leave the package on the porch and dr it, get back into truck honk horn and drive off. Sig req, i do the exact thing you do, hold handle or put foot on storm door. This case, kid was on school vacation, saw me coming and opened door before i had chance to react. I should have dropped package as soon as i saw door opening

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Finally get hold of ors, we exchange some words of the situation, he asks if i can finish day as he has no one in area that would be able to clean up my remaining 60 stops and 8 pickups. Its also an hour and a half to center. I say okay and finish day.

"I just got attacked by a dog. I called 911, and I am waiting for the police and a ambulance.

friend your packages. My next call will be to the Union, and a lawyer.
"

upsmuzakphreek

"I just got attacked by a dog. I called 911, and I am waiting for the police and a ambulance.

friend your packages. My next call will be to the Union, and a lawyer.
"
Bigger centers it might fly but in little center land not so much, also there is a lot of small town dynamic in this situation that i left out of the post

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

I would've killed that :censored2:ing dog on the spot then sued the owners into the stone age.