What are the chances I get my job back?

upser88

Tuesday towards the end of my shift I was on the forklift driving some expensive packages in the center. I was rushing and drove the pallet into a pole, damaging the box and causing the contents of the package to be thrown away. I left a note saying I was sorry because I couldn't find any management. The next day, I get called into the office and told that I am being terminated under article 17. I am a 15 year employee with no previous problems in the past. I filled out my grievance form for a hearing. Is there any chance that I can get my job back?

CHEMA-DELMA

UPS is good at making examples out of employees, no matter what you damage or how much your United Way contribution is.
Best of luck but when things are slow.......

Thebrownblob

Tuesday towards the end of my shift I was on the forklift driving some expensive packages in the center. I was rushing and drove the pallet into a pole, damaging the box and causing the contents of the package to be thrown away. I left a note saying I was sorry because I couldn't find any management. The next day, I get called into the office and told that I am being terminated under article 17. I am a 15 year employee with no previous problems in the past. I filled out my grievance form for a hearing. Is there any chance that I can get my job back?
Forklift ? What job do you have?

Nah
You didn't have anyone's phone number?

Thebrownblob

Unreported accident. Maybe not.
Maybe not. I don’t really know if hitting something with your forklift will count as an accident lol. Although he did leave a note and says there was no management, which could be untrue as far as I know. I certainly would’ve not left until I found someone in management personally if I felt it was that important to write a note. The story sounds odd.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I wonder how many people at UPS know how to drive a forklift? Not many at my building and that’s several thousand employees.

Fair amount of forklift action at my hub. Christmas before last they let the brand new PDS drive it and I don’t think the kid had ever seen a forklift in his life before

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I wonder how many people at UPS know how to drive a forklift? Not many at my building and that’s several thousand employees.
Have to be certified and bid job here. I have seen a few accidents in the past, most don’t just damage packages. They damage the lift AND the building.

542thruNthru

Are you part of the union?

What do you mean you couldn't find any management? How hard did you try? What did you do with the boxes?

You're telling me not one PT sup was working? What did the note say?

Did you speak with a steward when they brought you into the office?

Thebrownblob

Are you part of the union?

What do you mean you couldn't find any management? How hard did you try? What did you do with the boxes?

You're telling me not one PT sup was working? What did the note say?

Did you speak with a steward when they brought you into the office?
I wanna work where he works driving a forklift around with nobody bothering me😀

Thebrownblob

They'd need a forklift just to get you in the forklift!

You'd create another union job just like that!
1705980265684.gif