My sup's are hinting to me that I should be a supervisor. But I am a bit paranoid it.

PT Car Washer

Actually, it's a dollar less at my center, but they always gave me skilled pay. I was only on for my shift. BUUUUT, supervisors are made to also be DR's, and they get called on road to handle leakers, or to cover another center if they don't have one that day. Come to think of it, I wonder if my preload is in violation since both of us DRs are cover drivers now?
I meant they work a lot more hours then most PTers and PT sups. Almost a FT job some weeks.

Browntrk1

There is nothing about management that is good for you. It's exactly like union work, except you get paid less, you're expected to work more hours than you get compensated for, have to pay toward your insurance, have a ton more stress, receive the same poor to no training or development, and eliminate any chance you have for becoming a driver. As a driver, you will make about what your Manager makes in total compensation. The best thing I ever did was go work for another company managing a warehouse. I learned how to treat people, team-build, make good decisions, develop people, all the things UPS management doesn't bother themselves with. Eventually when they started pulling people off the street to drive, I came back on and haven't given management a single thought. Stick with what you're doing. This is a great job even if it's run by a bunch of people that spend their days putting out fires instead of figuring out how to prevent them. The union is the best fire insurance there is for you and your family.

Dr.Brownz

Hello fellow present and former UPSers. I have schizophrenia. I know that probably doesn't matter, but for me it does. I don't want to get into details, but I've dealt with bullying in the past at UPS and still do a bit. I'm a Package Handler. I don't think people like me there, well they think I'm crazy. Which I am but I'm harmless. Hey folks, I'm not a victim here. I'm a sorter by the way. Anyway, I get paranoid. I've been working for about 8 months. It's nice I love it. But my sups are trying to make me a supervisor or asking. I know supervisors are not apart of the union. I like my job, I have a job interview today for a second job (wish me luck comrades). But I like sorting. I guess the root of my question friends is this, and I'm going to be blunt with respect. Are they trying to make me a supervisor so I have no job security? So they can fire me?

Don't do it dude. Stay PT Union and get benefits when you hit a year in only a couple months. Supervisors have to pay for their health insurance and its a salary job but you will do way more work for a less hour wage.

They are just desperate for supervisors because no one wants the job. Who would? Only people who get off on the idea of having power and a title go into supervision. Either that or they are weak.

Ever wonder why after 110 years that it feels like UPS' first peak? Because it is for much of management. They are usually new and inexperienced. Either new to management or new to the center.

Dr.Brownz

Ever wonder why after 110 years that it feels like UPS' first peak? Because it is for much of management. They are usually new and inexperienced. Either new to management or new to the center.

My sup is younger than me and has been at UPS less time than I have. About 90% of the drivers here can say the same