N. Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, the Vatican news

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Kim+Jong+un+and+his+dancing+singing+cat_e10c4f_4506731.gif

vantexan

so sad, everytime I see one of these I want to do a Sam Kinneson and scream "what were you thinking, its freaking North Korea"
He was in a tour group touring Asia with North Korea as a stopover. Granted not smart for stealing a poster but who the hell gets 15 years for stealing a poster? Put him in jail long enough to miss his flight, tell him he's never to come back, and deport him. 15 years hard labor?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He was in a tour group touring Asia with North Korea as a stopover. Granted not smart for stealing a poster but who the hell gets 15 years for stealing a poster? Put him in jail long enough to miss his flight, tell him he's never to come back, and deport him. 15 years hard labor?
Lol. You act like he booked it through Expedia. When the state department issues a warning saying not to go there, you should be on your own if you're dumb enough to go anyways.

newfie

in north korea they look for anything they can create to hold our people hostage. no one knows what he did. there was probably a poster that fell while he was in the vicinity and they made up the rest. why anyone goes there is beyond me.

oldngray

nowhere special
in north korea they look for anything they can create to hold our people hostage. no one knows what he did. there was probably a poster that fell while he was in the vicinity and they made up the rest. why anyone goes there is beyond me.

It seemed pretty clear he meant to tear that poster off the wall. Spoiled kid didn't seem to realize what country he was in. N Korea's excuse for the cause of his coma was demonstrably false (it wasn't botulism). He probably got his head bashed in.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dennis Rodman

vantexan

Lol. You act like he booked it through Expedia. When the state department issues a warning saying not to go there, you should be on your own if you're dumb enough to go anyways.
I don't know who he booked it through but the suggestion that he went there on his own is incorrect. He was bashed for breaking their laws on social media as if the regime's actions were defensible. You're right, stupid to act like a college prankster in such a place, but his punishment and ultimate death for what he did is ridiculous. The previous administration should've insisted he be released, as well as this one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know who he booked it through but the suggestion that he went there on his own is incorrect. He was bashed for breaking their laws on social media as if the regime's actions were defensible. You're right, stupid to act like a college prankster in such a place, but his punishment and ultimate death for what he did is ridiculous. The previous administration should've insisted he be released, as well as this one.
A China firm was touting safe tours of N. Korea for travelling students.

vantexan

A China firm was touting safe tours of N. Korea for travelling students.
And it was part of a greater tour of East Asia. I follow a lot of travel forums, and for some it's considered a big coup to travel to dangerous places. It's stupid, but some have to learn the hard way. And sometimes with tragic results.

vantexan

I've seen it reported that a fellow traveler dared him to swipe it. The North Koreans of course as you said look for any reason to make an example of a Westerner, especially an American.

vantexan

Hey DIDO, what exactly do you disagree with in this post?