N. Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, the Vatican news

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
15ybtht.jpg

wkmac

The missing point is that NK does not need to actually land a nuclear missile on US soil . All they have to do is get a rocket up far enough & let the earth's rotation carry in over the US , then explode it . The nuclear explosion would create such a large EMP that most of the US infrastructure would be destroyed . All electronic devices would become useless. Basically shutting down most of the USA .
They could also deliver one such missile from a cargo ship sailing along our coast .

Friday night on my way home from work, I was later than usual and thus my favorite radio show Stonehenge on Georgia Tech radio was off so I flipped around the dial and ran across this guy Andy Dean who until that point I'd never heard of. But to listen to him Friday night or rather Saturday morning at that moment, you'd have thought I should go home, kiss my wife and kids go bye as we would awaken later that morning to all out nuclear war with NK. I don't listen to talk radio mainly because of the hysteria, red herring and straw manning but this guy was just unreal.

OK, let's say NK does in fact launch a nuke and it's headed to the west coast and can even make it to the west coast. What will our response be? And compared to NK's arsenal, how big is ours? How many would it take? An Ohio Class nuke submarine according to the wikipedia article carries 24 nuke missiles and I would argue that 1 single lone United States nuclear missile submarine would erase NK from the map for all time and don't you think the NK leaders know this? After we learned Saddam Hussein was playing a shell game with the world on WMD, does it not stand to reason that these mad men although mad are self preservationists first? They may bark and snarl but in the end it's just a display of power mainly to convince the poor people they dominate that if the mighty United States will cower to such displays, you have no chance. It's the psychology of domination at it's best.

But please, don't let me interrupt your cloudy narratives with just a few examples of questions intended to provoke some critical thinking on the matter.

As to the hysterics of Andy Dean, well after looking at his pedigree, I see he worked for McCain advisor Rick Davis and then went on after a "performance" (and I used that word on purpose) on the show The Apprentice, to then be actually hired to work for Trump Productions. Andy Dean is just another milk man delivering the pablum the infants need to keep them in line with the political/social agenda.

The situation with NK is nothing more than security theater that the empire needs from time to time or else we'd wake up and the whole house of cards would fall apart.

As a side note: Andy Dean is syndicated by Premiere Radio Networks who also are the syndication company for Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. And not that anyone can see a pattern here.

Bill Hicks - Go Back to Bed America - YouTube

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cancel your plans, the Norks are gonna nuke us.

Update: Let’s see how our gutless leader handles the U.S. being threatened with nuclear weapons. AFP story added below (original tweet deleted).

SEOUL (AFP) — The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch “merciless” military strikes on the United States, involving the possible use of “cutting-edge” nuclear weapons.

In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army (KPA) said it was formally informing Washington that reckless US threats would be “smashed by… cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means”.

“The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified,” the statement said.

“The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation,” it added.

North Korea had threatened a “pre-emptive” nuclear strike against the United States a month ago, and last week the supreme army command ordered its strategic rocket units to combat status for strikes on the US mainland and US bases in Guam and Hawaii.

“The moment of explosion is approaching fast,” Thursday’s statement said, adding that a war could break out on the Korean peninsula “today or tomorrow”.

wkmac

Cancel your plans, the Norks are gonna nuke us.

Update: Let’s see how our gutless leader handles the U.S. being threatened with nuclear weapons. AFP story added below (original tweet deleted).
SEOUL (AFP) — The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch “merciless” military strikes on the United States, involving the possible use of “cutting-edge” nuclear weapons.

In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army (KPA) said it was formally informing Washington that reckless US threats would be “smashed by… cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means”.

“The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified,” the statement said.

“The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation,” it added.

North Korea had threatened a “pre-emptive” nuclear strike against the United States a month ago, and last week the supreme army command ordered its strategic rocket units to combat status for strikes on the US mainland and US bases in Guam and Hawaii.

“The moment of explosion is approaching fast,” Thursday’s statement said, adding that a war could break out on the Korean peninsula “today or tomorrow”.

Had you read further down in the very story you linked, you would have come across the following 3 paragraphs.

This week, the North warned it would reopen its mothballed Yongbyon reactor -- its source of weapons-grade plutonium. It was closed in July 2007 under a six-nation aid-for-disarmament accord.

The US-Korea Institute at John Hopkins University said Wednesday that a satellite photograph seen on March 27 appeared to show construction work along a road and near the back of the reactor was already under way.

Experts said it would take at least six months to get the reactor back up and running, after which it will be able to produce one bomb's worth of weapons-grade plutonium per year.

1) So NK warned it would re-open a mothballed reactor. Closed since July 2007' per international agreement.
2) Sat photos from a week ago shows road construction up to and around the reactor area.
3) Experts say in 6 months they can make one bomb a year.

Funny how those 3 points that change the nature of the story are "buried" at the end where "many" people don't often read.

Kinda goes along with a Fox News story 5 days ago in which the report starts by jacking up the fear factor times 10.

With the threats billowing out of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un's regime at an unusually rapid clip, concern is mounting that the young leader could be backing himself into a corner -- feeling compelled to do something or lose face.
Shortly after midnight local time, North Korean state television reported that Kim signed orders to put the nation's rockets on combat-ready status. In a photo released on state-run media, a chart titled "U.S. mainland strike plan" could be seen and a map showed missiles arcing into Hawaii, Washington, Los Angeles and Austin, Texas.

And yet if you read the piece all the way to the last 3 paragraphs, the menacing threat seems to lose some of it's teeth.

This week, the North warned it would reopen its mothballed Yongbyon reactor -- its source of weapons-grade plutonium. It was closed in July 2007 under a six-nation aid-for-disarmament accord.

The US-Korea Institute at John Hopkins University said Wednesday that a satellite photograph seen on March 27 appeared to show construction work along a road and near the back of the reactor was already under way.

Experts said it would take at least six months to get the reactor back up and running, after which it will be able to produce one bomb's worth of weapons-grade plutonium per year.

NK and Kim Jong Um are nothing more than a side show to whip of fear in the masses but then it leaves one to question is this is being rolled out to divert our attention away from looking and seeing what?

Then again, since NK rattled sabres in 2007' and got an international welfare check, could the money have run out and they are back for welfare check round #2?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wkmac, You'd have had nothing to post if I hadn't posted that story.....

Who knows, maybe Dennis Rodman is securing nukes from elsewhere for Un to use. Walking around in glitz and bling, no one notices Dennis anymore. Maybe he's double agent going unnoticed.

Other entities have nukes ready to go.......who knows who he is friendly with?

wkmac

Wkmac, You'd have had nothing to post if I hadn't posted that story.....

Having myself already read those stories, you are correct, I had nothing to post. Had you also fully read the stories, (stories how fitting a word too) once again I would have had nothing to post.

I thank you!

As for getting nukes elsewhere, maybe he has those same nukes that Saddam Hussein was suppose to have? Syria or North Korea? Or do we split the difference and let the murder-n-chief get a 2 fer?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
EMP – the unimaginable reality
Exclusive: Joseph Farah warns of 'Red Dawn' scenario becoming real-life catastrophe
But, more than that, the tactic that facilitates a joint North Korean and Russian invasion of the U.S. is the one I would use if I were trying to take down the U.S. quickly and efficiently and inexpensively.
I won’t ruin the movie for you by telling you the invaders use what is described in the script as a “new weapon.”
It’s actually not new at all. It’s relatively old technology called an “electro-magnetic pulse.” The power of an EMP attack was first recognized during the Cold War era. It’s a power that has the potential to defeat overnight America’s strength – technology.
And that’s exactly what happens in the new “Red Dawn.”
That would make the U.S. easy pickings even for an enemy as seemingly hapless and backward as North Korea.
Heck, even if no invasion force followed, an EMP attack would truly be catastrophic beyond anything the moviemakers envisioned. How bad would it be? Imagine a third or more of the country starving to death because of their dependence on technology that would be rendered useless.
That’s the story of “A Nation Forsaken.” And it’s not some fairy tale. It’s the smart move for any determined enemy of America – be it a terrorist group or a rogue state like Iran or North Korea. EMP is the great equalizer
Read more at EMP – the unimaginable reality

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jay-Z and Beyonce are clueless about the tortures happening in Cuba, and it’s insulting they chose to visit the communist country for a celebration … so says a Cuban rights lobbyist.
Mauricio Claver-Carone, the D.C. director for the US-Cuba Democracy PAC — a group committed to fighting for democracy in Cuba — tells TMZ the A-listers should’ve educated themselves about what’s really going on there before taking photo ops.

Jay and Bey were photographed Thursday in Havana — reportedly to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary — but have since come under fire from some Cuban-American groups.
US citizens are still technically banned from traveling to the island purely for tourism … and are supposed to obtain a travel license from the US government.
Mauricio says he’s disappointed the superstars chose to vacay in Cuba because, “There are women getting beaten on a daily basis, women who are being jailed for no reason … people are fighting for their freedom. It’s extremely insensitive.”
We reached out to Beyonce and Jay-Z for comment. So far … nada back.

I'm surprised Obama didn't go too......

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Regarding North Korea---

They arent a threat to us. At best...they might have a theoretical ability to launch one missile that might make to the US west coast with a nuclear warhead that might detonate.

We, on the otherhand, almost certainly have at least one Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine stationed off of their coastline at all times. Each Ohio boat has 24 Trident missiles that can carry up to 5 nuclear warheads. Our ability to lay waste to the entire nation of North Korea within minutes is actual, not theoretical.

Kim Jong knows this. He may be crazy but he isnt stupid. He doesnt want to get nuked. He's going to make a lot of noise and empty threats, but that is it.

Ideally we would withdraw our troops off of the Korean penninsula entirely, but the problem with that is that South Korea and Japan are both signatory to the nuclear Non Proliferation treaty and have pledged not to develop nuclear weapons. They are both face to face with an adversary that does have nuclear weapons, so if we do not agree to help defend them against that threat they may very well be forced to build nukes of their own. Our presence there gives those nations protection under our "nuclear umbrella" that they would otherwise have to develop themselves.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here’s a better idea, the Church needs to stop allowing them to take it.

Via Washington Times:
Gay-marriage-rights Catholics should not partake of Holy Communion, said one Detroit professor who also serves as a legal adviser to the Vatican.

Edward Peters , who teaches canon law at a Catholic seminary in Detroit, said on his blog that the Catholic Church’s teachings are clear on this point.

“Catholics who promote ‘same-sex marriage’ act contrary to Catholic law and should not approach for Holy Communion,” he wrote, the Detroit Free Press reported. “They also risk having Holy Communion withheld from them … being rebuke and/or being sanctioned.”

He also said: “Public efforts to change society’s definition of marriage … amount to committing objectively wrong actions,” the Free Press said.

Archbishop of Detroit Allen Vigneron agreed. On Sunday, he said that Catholics who take Communion at the same time as pushing for same-sex marriage would “logically bring shame for a double-dealing that is not unlike perjury,” the Free Press reported.