neat and clean (as possible)?

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a Fedex Ground guy deliver a package to me Thursday evening (7:45) and he was to put it bluntly - just gross! I don't think he had shaved for 3 days and his clothes were filthy. Funny thing is he said he was at 140 stops for the day and still had a dozen or so more rural routes to go. I guess it just goes to show that business really don't care who delivers their stuff as long as it gets delivered.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
I've seen Fedex ground drivers who range the gamut from completely presentable to "is this a homeless person?" I've been told frequently by customers on my (mall) route that they prefer UPS over Fedex ground largely on the basis of our greater professionalism. Still, the beancounters at their corporate hq are going to try to save a buck if they can, they're the ones who don't care what the delivery guy looks like.

old levi's

blank space
Noticed this on my route just last week. FedEx ground driver may have been 21 with long hair, ball cap on backwards (why wear a cap if it's on backwards), shirt hanging out and baggy shorts. Looked like a mall rat!

JustTired

free at last.......
Just yesterday, my wife was telling me that the Fedex ground driver that delivers to her place of employment was "scary looking".

While our drivers are generally clean shaven, etc........ some of the mismatched, ill-fitting uniforms are beginning to "wear" at that sharper image we used to maintain. I guess it matches the mud encrusted PCs I see on those bright, sunny days.

Image may not be everything...but it can set you apart from the competition.

Maybe I'll go shave now........then again, maybe not. It's great to be retired.... isn't it Rod?

Just yesterday, my wife was telling me that the Fedex ground driver that delivers to her place of employment was "scary looking".

While our drivers are generally clean shaven, etc........ some of the mismatched, ill-fitting uniforms are beginning to "wear" at that sharper image we used to maintain. I guess it matches the mud encrusted PCs I see on those bright, sunny days.

Image may not be everything...but it can set you apart from the competition.

Maybe I'll go shave now........then again, maybe not. It's great to be retired.... isn't it Rod?
That's one of the biggest things in my mind when I start fantasizing about retirement, only shaving when I WANT to. lol

Dang, that reminds me I have to shave today to go to my Gdaughters graduation dinner. CRAP

I am off this week and have the vacation goatee going. Looks good except the gray hairs seem to outnumber the black.
Welcome to my world.
thefb.jpg

tieguy

Banned
I had a Fedex Ground guy deliver a package to me Thursday evening (7:45) and he was to put it bluntly - just gross! I don't think he had shaved for 3 days and his clothes were filthy. Funny thing is he said he was at 140 stops for the day and still had a dozen or so more rural routes to go. I guess it just goes to show that business really don't care who delivers their stuff as long as it gets delivered.

some people prefer to have their packages delivered by hairy smelly drivers.

slantnosechevy

They call the FedEx driver in my area Charley Manson. They say he never talks he just motions for them to sign and stares a lot. He's got crazy eyes. I know he's fast cuz I saw one of my 4 legged friends (160 lb. Rot) chasing him back to the truck. When I pulled up Samy had a piece of blue cloth in his mouth. He jumped in my PC and dropped it by the shifter. I pet him and gave him a bisquit and told him," Good dog!"