Need Help ASAP - medical, dental & eye cost for Pilot Group

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not talking bad about him. All she wants to do is help us and not get gouged by him. If UPS changed their policies since their divorce and he doesn't pay for healthcare, then that is pretty rotten to charge my mom $2400/yr. But, if he is paying for healthcare, all my mom wants is to pay the monthly premium he has been getting charged for us and nothing more.

If what your saying about him having no obligation after you turn 18 is right. Unless he choses to do the right thing you may be SOL

upschuck

Not talking bad about him. All she wants to do is help us and not get gouged by him. If UPS changed their policies since their divorce and he doesn't pay for healthcare, then that is pretty rotten to charge my mom $2400/yr. But, if he is paying for healthcare, all my mom wants is to pay the monthly premium he has been getting charged for us and nothing more.
If he does get charged a premium, he should pay half.

Looks like my original post letting her know that was also deleted.

This positing is getting out of hand. My dad said my mom can pay the monthly premium but she is worried he is over inflating the amounts.

All she wants to know is what is the monthly premium for Cigna medical and dental. That is it. Then she knows whether or not he is telling the truth. That is it

upschuck

Yes.. All need to know is premiums and copy/deductibles
Healthcare cost are both of those? Which are you asking about. Premiums, which hourly UPS people do not pay a dime, not sure about pilots) are paid to insurance company, copay/deductibles are paid when you go to doctor.

upschuck

This positing is getting out of hand. My dad said my mom can pay the monthly premium but she is worried he is over inflating the amounts.

All she wants to know is what is the monthly premium for Cigna medical and dental. That is it. Then she knows whether or not he is telling the truth. That is it
You probably can have your lawyer find out pretty easy, too. Look at past tax returns, it should be in there.

Healthcare cost are both of those? Which are you asking about. Premiums, which hourly UPS people do not pay a dime, not sure about pilots) are paid to insurance company, copay/deductibles are paid when you go to doctor.

What she needs to know is only the monthly premium amount for Cigna medical; Cigna Dental and VSP plan for UPS non-management pilots. He is not retired either.

She knows deductibles and copy amounts.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Geez. Why are you guys being so hard on the kid? Whether it's the mom or dad being out of line in this situation, the kids didn't have a part in their parents being divorced. Both parents should be paying for the medical, if there's a charge for it. If there's no charge, then the dad shouldn't be asking for money.
Maybe @Lineandinitial might have a clue. I think he works at an airport.

upschuck

Tax returns do not state monthly premiums. Paycheck stub doesn't break down individual amounts paid. Only gives one amount.
Paycheck should have amount deducted for Medical. That is amount is what he paid for premiums. The largest chunk would be for him, and a smaller chunk would be for his kids. A family plan is not a large percentage of the individual plan.

For exact numbers, call your lawyer(best) or the IPA, or find a contract book somewhere.