Need some advice

On 10 12 2020 I was Discharge for act of Dishonesty (falsifying delivery records) I put a small pkg in a customers mailbox, But I driver released at the front door. So they got me for Falsifying delivery records. This Is my First Country Route. (ive always been in the city) From what I heard the customer always told drivers i have a bad driveway, if the pkg is small put it in the mailbox. For 20 years ive always listened to the customers. Yes I understand that I should not use mailboxes and will never do it again. This is my first offense. Did this ever happened to anyone thats on this Thread Post? If so did they get their job back? Im nervous. Thanks

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I pulled that card one time in my first year but I sheeted it dr mailbox. Post lady found it. Got a verbal warning the next day, that was it

rod

Retired 22 years
I pulled that card one time in my first year but I sheeted it dr mailbox. Post lady found it. Got a verbal warning the next day, that was it

Some of the mail carriers can be real jerks about it. I remember one who would turn it in to the Post Master and the Post Master would call our Center Manager. The center manager would then have to personally pick it up at the PO. You were guaranteed to be called into the office doing that. On the other end of the scale I had a carrier who told me to leave it in the mail box if the driveway was bad as long as there was room for his mail.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Seen a few people discharged for this, they all got their jobs back. Unless you got something else going on you'll get reinstated at the local hearing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Never, ever do something a customer tells you to do if it goes against what you’ve been told to do/not do by UPS. Customers lie. Period. Or without realizing it they get you in trouble by mentioning to the wrong person, “My driver is great. He does such and such, without realizing it can get you fired.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Never, ever do something a customer tells you to do if it goes against what you’ve been told to do/not do by UPS. Customers lie. Period. Or without realizing it they get you in trouble by mentioning to the wrong person, “My driver is great. He does such and such, without realizing it can get you fired.

Don't know how many times I got blamed for the shady stuff the 5 different fed ex guys on my route did. :wink2:

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
On 10 12 2020 I was Discharge for act of Dishonesty (falsifying delivery records) I put a small pkg in a customers mailbox, But I driver released at the front door. So they got me for Falsifying delivery records. This Is my First Country Route. (ive always been in the city) From what I heard the customer always told drivers i have a bad driveway, if the pkg is small put it in the mailbox. For 20 years ive always listened to the customers. Yes I understand that I should not use mailboxes and will never do it again. This is my first offense. Did this ever happened to anyone thats on this Thread Post? If so did they get their job back? Im nervous. Thanks
I get a kick out of you OMS/part-time supervisors. I bet it is He-- getting calls all day about drivers.

Thanks for keeping us aware to not put packages inside government mailboxes. We all know the 100,000 extended drivers have at one point put a parcel in the mailbox due to crummy driveways, multiple dogs running loose, blocked driveways with over growth, lunatic/scary customers.

My best advice mr./ms OMS is the next call you get from a mailman or customer. Explain that UPS is PARTNERED with the USPS thus making it a driver discretion on where to leave the package. If it's at the residence, out of sight. Out of weather... Our Employees safety is priority #1. (You can say Priority too). Then explain from now on you'll put a note in the DIAD not to do that.

20-year employee fired for slipping one in the correct address mailbox. Get off Candy Crush and drum up some sales leads/volume!

Can you guys believe this guy? If this was true... at least 10,000 drivers would be fired daily worldwide.

You got to hand it to the OMS for this thread on Amazon Prime Day... he/she knows a sheet storm is coming with 11-14 hour days this week & next.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This counts during peak too union brothers, once the grounds covered in snow they beg you to leave it tied to the mailbox ...this is unacceptable. EC OR FRONT DOOR ONLY THIS PEAK , LET THE VOLUME ROLL!
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We got "ups box" in the extra menu
1602621530296.png