New DIADS

JackStraw

Anybody have it yet? The new trucks have the holder for them but I've only seen a picture of 'em. Suppose to have mapping capabilities and god knows what else.

S

serenity now

Anybody have it yet? The new trucks have the holder for them but I've only seen a picture of 'em. Suppose to have mapping capabilities and god knows what else.

are you talking about a diad 6 / we don't have the 5's yet

I have had it a year and if you plan on using it to defend yourself against dogs you better learn the fighting style called crazy because these new diads can't help you.

CFLBrown

The screen on the 5 is too bright, its not adjustable so at night it's blinding. 1/2 the weight of the 4.

The pouches are good, until the zipper on the bottom opens up, which cant be fixed.

Hope your center has extra stock of pouches because they are secured like a high value, though the mention of unavoidable diad damage will get you a new one quickly.

browned_out

We have had them for over a year, couple of things I don't like. If your outside in sunlight, you can hardly read the screen even customers complain they can't see where to sign. Also the screen itself is getting all scuffed up where customers sign, starting to have issues with signatures not completely showing up as customer signs(seems to be at the center of the screen). I do like them over the diad 4, the holster pouch is great, I don't even use the holder that is in the truck.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
They're cool...they have a built in flashlight. And the scanning field is gianormous! The buttons are smaller, but they're raised up so even if you have chubby fingers you won't miss type that often. I don't like having to push the screen though for some of the functions...you have to press pretty hard...

Notretiredyet

Jeez, my 5 is worn out already. I use the diad's bright screen to lite my walk path at nite rather than messing with the flash lite setting.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We've had ours for a few months now and over all I like it a lot.
I rarely use the touch screen. I use the function key and then proceed. Yes, it's an extra keystroke but still faster then trying push the screen multiple times before finally getting your selection to register.
Instead of the built in flashlight I tend to just hit the scan button repeatedly and use it as the flashlight to light my path since it is brighter and broader than the flashlight.
And it's quite usable with gloves on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok here's my question why completely reinvent the wheel? I feel like the 3 and 4 were both decent designs overall. Why not keep the same case and button set up but just redo the guts. I mean the current diad is a great size very durable and we all know how to use it. Just update the processor and software. All the the things that have changed could have all been done within the existing framework.

Johney

Only (bad) things I've noticed with the "5" is, The screen is smaller and hard(for me)to read. When putting in a street not in EDD(misload,etc.)it seems to take longer to get the street name to appear. Buttons are way too small, I feel for you all that have to wear gloves in the cold. My fat fingers are bad enough couldn't imagine gloves on. On a good note, the scanner is awesome and I think the best by far of all the DIADS.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We've had ours for a few months now and over all I like it a lot.
I rarely use the touch screen. I use the function key and then proceed. Yes, it's an extra keystroke but still faster then trying push the screen multiple times before finally getting your selection to register.
Instead of the built in flashlight I tend to just hit the scan button repeatedly and use it as the flashlight to light my path since it is brighter and broader than the flashlight.
And it's quite usable with gloves on.
The function key is awesome. Alpha key 5 6 stop complete. It's that simple. As apprise to 4 or 5 pushes on the touch screen. Also I agree the scanner is short if amazing.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's a good diad. It'll take a few hours to get used to it. But it's nice not having to worry about the alpha key. The mapping part of it is probably being used in some areas but not all areas. Soon they'll have the new system in place...ORION? Is that the new system? Either way, it'll shuffle stops depending on your time commits and if there's a resi on a corner you can grab while doing businesses...you know the things a good driver does without programming.

brown bomber

brown bomber
It's a good diad. It'll take a few hours to get used to it. But it's nice not having to worry about the alpha key. The mapping part of it is probably being used in some areas but not all areas. Soon they'll have the new system in place...ORION? Is that the new system? Either way, it'll shuffle stops depending on your time commits and if there's a resi on a corner you can grab while doing businesses...you know the things a good driver does without programming.
provided you can find that residential stop amongst a crap load