New Employee - Possibly Hired for Wrong Hours

zeke

Today was my orientation as a package handler and I start work tomorrow. My scheduled time is 4:45 but I'm not sure if it's am or pm. I interviewed for the pm job but just now noticed the application title is LOAD/UNLOAD AM. Does this mean he mistakenly gave me the AM shift?

Is there anywhere on UPSers I can find my scheduled hours?

PT Car Washer

Today was my orientation as a package handler and I start work tomorrow. My scheduled time is 4:45 but I'm not sure if it's am or pm. I interviewed for the pm job but just now noticed the application title is LOAD/UNLOAD AM. Does this mean he mistakenly gave me the AM shift?

Welcome to the preload. Follow the line exiting the gate when break is called and do not look back.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Wasn't a "mistake " Plugged you in where they needed you

Box Ox

My scheduled time is 4:45 but I'm not sure if it's am or pm.

If you were to ask a DIAD board it'd tell you that a PM start time would be 16:45 and that you'd just won a ticket to PRELOAD, BABY!

Wasn't a "mistake " Plugged you in where they needed you

I know my area's HR person gets into very specific discussions with interviewees as to whether they need an AM or PM shift since hours at their other PT job can be pretty AM or PM heavy. If you can't work the shift with availability you get a handshake and a "Good luck to you". No surprise shift assignments.

zeke

Why did you not confirm with the person at Orientation as to the shift you were working before leaving Orientation?
He points to each of us and gives us our start times, points to me and goes "4:45." No am, no pm. Then asks us each what time we are starting and I respond "4:45 pm tomorrow." No response so I assumed that was the time.

zeke

You're not the brightest crayon in the box, are you?
I'm not sure how any of this could possibly be my fault and reflect my intelligence. In my interview there were specific questions regarding the afternoon shift. I wasn't aware I was responsible for hiring myself and scheduling my work hours correctly.

8000Shelf

I'm not sure how any of this could possibly be my fault and reflect my intelligence. In my interview there were specific questions regarding the afternoon shift. I wasn't aware I was responsible for hiring myself and scheduling my work hours correctly.
... and everyone you work with will be like the people giving you "advise" on here