New Employee - Possibly Hired for Wrong Hours

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by zeke, Jun 28, 2016.

1. zeke

zeke New Member

Today was my orientation as a package handler and I start work tomorrow. My scheduled time is 4:45 but I'm not sure if it's am or pm. I interviewed for the pm job but just now noticed the application title is LOAD/UNLOAD AM. Does this mean he mistakenly gave me the AM shift?

Is there anywhere on UPSers I can find my scheduled hours?

2. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Lol...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

Now there is a screw-up you don't see every day. Good luck

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the preload. Follow the line exiting the gate when break is called and do not look back.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Better get to bed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Wasn't a "mistake " Plugged you in where they needed you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. rod

rod retired and happy

Its like the Army----train you for a specific job and assign you to do something entirely different.

8. zeke

zeke New Member

Then why does the email I received about my first interview specifically state "This is for those interested in the 5pm to 9pm shift only"

9. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

If you were to ask a DIAD board it'd tell you that a PM start time would be 16:45 and that you'd just won a ticket to PRELOAD, BABY!

I know my area's HR person gets into very specific discussions with interviewees as to whether they need an AM or PM shift since hours at their other PT job can be pretty AM or PM heavy. If you can't work the shift with availability you get a handshake and a "Good luck to you". No surprise shift assignments.

10. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Print that out and bring it with you when you show up for the PM shift.

11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Yeah, a bunch of strangers on the internet forum should be better help than calling or e-mailing HR and asking them.

12. zeke

zeke New Member

HR's email and phone hours are 5am to 5pm. I'm scheduled for 4:45. Tell me how this comment helps me. What large company does not have your scheduled work hours online?

13. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Why did you not confirm with the person at Orientation as to the shift you were working before leaving Orientation?

14. zeke

zeke New Member

He points to each of us and gives us our start times, points to me and goes "4:45." No am, no pm. Then asks us each what time we are starting and I respond "4:45 pm tomorrow." No response so I assumed that was the time.

15. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

So you show up at 4:45 PM just as the person at Orientation instructed you to.
    You were given an area and a person to report to?

16. zeke

zeke New Member

Not given a person to report to. Told he had emailed my supervisor and that he would know I was coming.

17. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

You're not the brightest crayon in the box, are you?

18. 8000Shelf

8000Shelf Active Member

Welcome to life @ UPS. Everything you do at this company will be like this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. zeke

zeke New Member

I'm not sure how any of this could possibly be my fault and reflect my intelligence. In my interview there were specific questions regarding the afternoon shift. I wasn't aware I was responsible for hiring myself and scheduling my work hours correctly.

20. 8000Shelf

8000Shelf Active Member

... and everyone you work with will be like the people giving you "advise" on here