New FedEx and the RLA

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Google Uber contractors vs employee. This will be educational for you. That said , this is what some companies are trying to enact “Fedex “ cutting American workers out of livable wages and benefits “Fedex “.sou familiar.
Critical thinking is important, I suggest you try it
You just tried to draw a comparison between Uber and Ground in a discussion about the RLA, Holmes.

59 Dano

Do you stay up late at night fretting over FedEx’s rla status?
Of course not, though I do wonder what people get out of wasting their time coming up with new reasons why Express isn't RLA when they know good and well that they're stupid reasons.

59 Dano

I personally don’t think contractors should be able to use a company’s logo if they are going to be classified as contractors. They shouldn’t be able pretend they are the company they are contracting with. Fedex contractors shouldn’t be able to drive trucks with the Fedex logo and wear Fedex uniforms. If they drive a Fedex branded truck and wear Fedex branded uniforms they should be classified as Fedex employees.
Do you apply this to everyone or just FedEx? Because the local ServPro guys don't work for ServPro but they wear the uniform, drive the truck, and have the logo.

What about this? What if his shirt is branded with one company name, but his vehicle is branded with another????? MASS CONFUSION, BROTHER.

It will be fine

Do you apply this to everyone or just FedEx? Because the local ServPro guys don't work for ServPro but they wear the uniform, drive the truck, and have the logo.

What about this? What if his shirt is branded with one company name, but his vehicle is branded with another????? MASS CONFUSION, BROTHER.
What if the vehicle and the uniform have both my company name and the FedEx logo on it?!?!! And sometimes the vehicles don’t even have FedEx on it. Sometimes the drivers aren’t wearing a FedEx uniform either. It’s almost like the contractor has a choice in the matter.

bacha29

I personally don’t think contractors should be able to use a company’s logo if they are going to be classified as contractors. They shouldn’t be able pretend they are the company they are contracting with. Fedex contractors shouldn’t be able to drive trucks with the Fedex logo and wear Fedex uniforms. If they drive a Fedex branded truck and wear Fedex branded uniforms they should be classified as Fedex employees.
The first item of business when it comes to throwing off that noose Fat Freddy has wrapped around the necks of his so called "independent contractors" would be for contractor/owner operators to have to go get their own DOT operating authority. That would be an important first step toward the independent autonomy that defines a true independent contractor.

As long as it's Fat Freddy's DOT number and copyrighted trademark and logo pasted on the side of the truck and the only thing that can go in it is Fat Freddy's bar coded freight he flat out owns that so called " independent contractor" and Fat Freddy will make certain that that individual is totally beholding to him until 1....that individual simply throws down that burden or 2.... the individual is either no longer useful to Fat Freddy or as in the case of Spencer Patton attempts to acquire a measure of power that might possibly result in an organized challenge to Fat Freddy's absolute control.

59 Dano

What if the vehicle and the uniform have both my company name and the FedEx logo on it?!?!! And sometimes the vehicles don’t even have FedEx on it. Sometimes the drivers aren’t wearing a FedEx uniform either. It’s almost like the contractor has a choice in the matter.
He's going to need a flowchart to determine who the actual employer is!