New hire, questions about holidays/days off etc.

chadbalzary

Hi, so Im pretty excited to start but I had a few questions. I understand that we (part time) dont get payed holidays until a year in, but does that mean we need to work on the observed holidays (Christmas,Thanksgiving etc)? Also am I allowed to request days off? Thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hi, so Im pretty excited to start but I had a few questions. I understand that we (part time) dont get payed holidays until a year in, but does that mean we need to work on the observed holidays (Christmas,Thanksgiving etc)? Also am I allowed to request days off? Thank you.

You are more than welcome to come in on either of those two days but you will find the doors locked upon your arrival.

I am not familiar with how PTers earn/accrue personal and/or sick days.

jose93209

You get holidays off, no pay whatsoever until you are a year in. Not sure on sick days for new hires. At the hub I work at, you get benefits after clocking in 60 hours that month, and every month after that when you put in another 60. But I believe most hubs get you benefits after 1 year. Option days/ birthday/ vacation time after 1 year too.

clean hairy

Answering his next questions before he asks:
No, you do not get any days off during the week, you are to work all 5 days of the week.
No, you cannot decide when you will come in, you have to come in at the scheduled start time, (not 45 min later cause it is inconvenient to show up on time) and you leave when the work is done.