New hub being built

robot

Has A Large Member
Having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of an automated smalls.

We have an automated smalls at my hub. A large spinning thing with flaps sorts the smalls. Employees zip up the bags when they're full and throw them on a belt. There are also bag poppers opening the bags and dumping the packages out.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If true, that will be interesting to see the changes in hub flows and feeder networking away from PLEGA and ATLGA.
Word has it routes up in Johns Creek that currently come out of PDale will come into Roswell and Marietta, who's currently in our hub, will go to the super hub. PDale is over capacity, hence why we have the "village" out in our parking lot.

upschuck

Have had rumors for several years that our hub was going to build another building in different county, or making a duplicate of what we got now, and eventually doubling the size of current building.

Mr.nobody

Do you guys think we have a fighting chance with the union to maintain our 20,000 combo jobs. And if so how can we support this and let our voices be heard? It's situations like this that I wanted to be part of a union.

Mr.nobody

I don't want to just sit back and watch 22.3 jobs get faded out and allow the company to bend us over and screw us. If they succeed it will be a long hard fight that will be over soon after my life time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I find it hard to believe that UPS is actually going to spend a few bucks modernizing a building. When one close to me burned last fall all they did was replace the inside metal walls and insulation and left the outside metal skin in place. The whole build has been junk for years and should have been bulldozed. A friend did the rewiring of the building and believe it or not UPS just wanted the wires that were actually burned replaced-splicing into anything good that was left. Building codes required that the wires had to be new from beginning (fuse box) to end. The outside of the building still has smoke damage.