New Insurance on Jan 01??????? TeamCare

I am not so sure Navy.............My plan is not like a 80/20..............been on it about 9yrs. alot better than the Traditional one trust me
The one they found us is like the same as the company plan is right now. So you don't have to worry about what CS plan is offering. It's the ones that have no choice. The only thing they have is a no vote.

BrownChoice

The one they found us is like the same as the company plan is right now. So you don't have to worry about what CS plan is offering. It's the ones that have no choice. The only thing they have is a no vote.

So who exactly are those that have no choice? Management? We all had a choice and apparently voted YES to the National... Now all we can do is vote no until our rider and supplements are fair to us, which may help change our Healthcare as a no vote has provided us!

The Milkman

Yes I know that. I also called Teamcare and they told me I will not be on that. There is a big difference between the Traditonal 80/20 plan I left yrs ago to the one I chose prior to retirement. No deductibles if going to in Network doctors, free name brand and generic mail order, $5.00 Name brand and $0 Generics at a local pharmacy plus a decent but more than likely A dental plan like yours..Plus you only pay 10% of the negotiated price after the doctor visit. Example MRI lets say costs $1000, you pay $200 ...with my plan, the $1000 is knocked down to $600, then I pay $60....Seen alot of this over the yrs....very good in my book, hope new plan I am being forced into is similar:surprised:

BrownChoice

I have had X-rays and MRIs and I don't remember paying more than up to 5$ for out of pocket X-ray and 15-25$ for MRI.. Dental is at 100% at a few union dentist offices in my area.
i too hope our upcoming TeamCare can bring that level of HC to its members!
Platinum benefits We will all be proud to have been a part of!

C

chuchu

Only real difference is the deductible the last 2 years of contract. Some things are actually better. However, there may be a loophole for TeamCare to change at anytime in the future, near or distant.... Either way it is what it is. Like the posters above have mentioned, there's no changing it now!
Loop hole is in the last Memorandum of Understanding in Art 43. The TeamCare rep told us (and it was featured on the DVD presentation) our family would get "5 yrs of free insurance if we die while a member" IF we have NEVER gone out of network and used a provider. Not one time, ever, while a TeamCare recipient. If you do, that will cancel your eligibility for your wife and children to receive the "free" insurance. The fine print (and the invisible print) gets you every time. Not every local got told this "small" detail at their insurance meeting. Go figure.

C

chuchu

I don't think that they have to "lock out" the whole operation. They could say that World Port is absolutely vital to their operations, and they are solely responsible for holding up ratification, and therefore divert volume and lock out just local 89.
If the company could survive without Worldport in a matter of a few weeks that would be the magic trick of the decade. Locking out local 89 would be business suicide at the moment. It would take ALOT of airports to duplicate what they process daily. That would be the dumbest thing the company could do right now. They don't even want that word (strike) to be used in the same sentence with reports of our contract negotiations for obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

subdivide

Team Care WILL BE the administrators as of January 1, 2014. We are looking for a (maintenance of benefits clause) in writing before the 2nd vote. We're not done yet. The contract cannot be signed till all supplements are approved.

upsmanami

Its good for you but not for the retirees that have to pay the high premiums and inferior coverage for what we paid 50 dollars per month .....We need your help so vote NO on this next ballot and bargain and maybe the whole healthcare can equal for everone

twoweeled

Well my old local 177 will not be a part of Teamcare from what I hear. For over 20 years I was on the Traditional Plan, Then Ups wanted us to change to new Plans. I was so used to my traditional plan that I was weary of changing. I changed so I could receive Dental and vison coverage when I retired. If I stayed on the traditional plan I was told you would lose that coverage, it was a no brainer to switch and we were told that we had to be on the plan for 4 yrs prior to retirement. So now after about 9yrs or so, the many that chose the new plan,will have to go back to a similar if not the same type of traditional plan?? Not being active I have no voice anymore,so I have to go with the flow so to speak. Remember this post years from now when they want YOU to do the same dance:knockedout:

Sad to say - but not only will they want us to do the same dance, the majority of us WILL DO THE SAME DANCE! I don't get it. Everyone is furious and fed up. The majority know we're getting screwed and lied too. But they will vote the same one's in, and do the same dance. "including the complaining". :dissapointed:

twoweeled

Ever heard of enron? Im sure that there employees said the same thing. Dont ever think that ups is looking out for you. The worse thing ups ever did was go public. Now its up to shareholders and not the company so much. I would like to think your right but I never put all my eggs in the same basket.

Over the 30 years I've been there, this has always been talked about. It might/could happen, but UPS's nature is one of greed. they will not leave anything on the table that will make money. That is what will decide it. But don't worry, the union won't let them do that to us. :rofl:

The Milkman

Sad to say - but not only will they want us to do the same dance, the majority of us WILL DO THE SAME DANCE! I don't get it. Everyone is furious and fed up. The majority know we're getting screwed and lied too. But they will vote the same one's in, and do the same dance. "including the complaining". :dissapointed:

:youreright:

CLMRNUR

negative. if you are in a supplement that has not yet passed, you are able to VOTE again to secure a 'Maintinence of Benefits Clause' and perhaps you can win an Enhanced Team Care package in your supplement. (providing heathcare is in your supplement)