New pay

flipstyle9

I have been working for UPS for 3 weeks and want to know the pay increase times.

People can say i am lazy all they want but 9.81/hr sucks. In 1997 the pay was $8.50/hr. back then gas was little over $2. Today gas is over $4.

Toll was $1 today it is $5 seems like the part timers just get enough to eat.

I just want hope that pay will get better. People that say with benefits you get $25/hr. You nerd to wait a damn year and how the hell are benefits $15/hr maybe for an unhealthy person. Benefits don't pay bills

UPSGUY72

I have been working for UPS for 3 weeks and want to know the pay increase times.

People can say i am lazy all they want but 9.81/hr sucks. In 1997 the pay was $8.50/hr. back then gas was little over $2. Today gas is over $4.

I just want hope that pay will get better. People that say with benefits you get $25/hr. You nerd to wait a damn year and how the hell are benefits $15/hr maybe for an unhealthy person. Benefits don't pay bills

You haven't even made your 30 days and all you do is bitch and bitch your worse that my wife.

Read the contract you can see a copy in the first thread under UNION ISSUES sections. Which should be right above this thread....

I think you should start looking for another job where you might be more happy with the pay.... Your young and want everything now someday you will wish you had those benefits be it health insurance or a pension.....

Looking back if I just sucked it up and put up wit hall the BS in the Army I would be retired now collecting a pension and working PT job I really enjoyed...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ups pays the same for your health and pension benefits regardless of how old or healthy u are. As for your pay find a steward or call the union hall and request a copy of the contract it will save u and us a lot of time and headache. Honestly if u want any spending money get a second job only way it'll happen.

flipstyle9

Dick

Hey upsguy72,

You the bitch just cause your making more does not mean you are better than me. Fact is pay sucks how does that translate to being lazy. Cost is rising but not the part timers pay. Just cause i got the balls to speak up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Re: Dick

Hey upsguy72,

You the bitch just cause your making more does not mean you are better than me. Fact is pay sucks how does that translate to being lazy. Cost is rising but not the part timers pay. Just cause i got the balls to speak up.

Speaking up is one thing starting a dozen threads in 2 weeks about how u hate your pay is a little over the top. I'm curious I know they told you how much you would make so why did you take the job?

Random_Facts

Another thread? Slow down champ! haha. A lot of people will agree the pay is on the lower side, we got what you said already. Life is way to short to be this miserable. Remember the old saying "Love what you do for a living, it makes life so much easier down the road" Brace that line.

brown_trousers

I'm not sure what you're after in all these threads... Do you want one of us to give you a payraise???

The wage situation here at UPS is a simple one. You start at a low wage, and as a reward for that, you get larger wage increases as you gain seniority. A job at UPS is an investment into the long term. If you don't want do stay here for the long term, you should find another job.

It really is that simple!

UPSGUY72

Re: Dick

Speaking up is one thing starting a dozen threads in 2 weeks about how u hate your pay is a little over the top. I'm curious I know they told you how much you would make so why did you take the job?

I started at $8.50 and Currently make $31.875, get a pension and pay nothing for some of the best health insurance you can get... I GOT THE BIG PICTURE before I applied I new what I was getting myself into. Also when I worked PT I also work a FT job 4 ten hrs days...

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
IBT initiation fee $250.00 ,4 years progression,pain in the butt pt sups that yell at you all the time,dirty work in hot and cold trucks ,the sign post ahead says you have entered the Twilight Zone.
Hope you make it but judging by your posts you will be like the peeps in my training week 15 years ago a fading memory.

flipstyle9

Damn

I want the union to know i am around part timers are ok with the abuse. I am not. If a box passes my trucks y should i get yelled at? If i load a truck y should i be yelled at for staying in a little longer? I was never told i was gonna be abused and under pressure

packageguy

Re: Damn

I want the union to know i am around part timers are ok with the abuse. I am not. If a box passes my trucks y should i get yelled at? If i load a truck y should i be yelled at for staying in a little longer? I was never told i was gonna be abused and under pressure

From what rock did you crawl out of, You been he bitching and moaning like a ****** RELAX YOU DID NOT MAKE BOOK YET. My money is no you will not make book. because if you are here bitching I can just image what you are doing there. BUT THEN A AGAIN I THINK YOU ARE MAKING THIS ALL UP BECAUSE NO SUPERVISOR WOULD PUT UP WITH ALL THAT BULL****.... So I bet in 2 weeks we won't here from you again. shake it sleezy bitch......

UPSGUY72

You need to go get set. All the women that work at UPS don't bitch and complain as much as you....

brownIEman

If a box passes my trucks y should i get yelled at?

mmmmm. Just spit balling here, but I am going to go with, because you are not supposed to let packages for your cars get past your load area, as it puts increased pressure on your co-workers downstream and threatens service to our customer.

If i load a truck y should i be yelled at for staying in a little longer?

On this one I am going to go with because if you are hanging out in the back of the package car for extended periods, you are wasting, or as some would call it, stealing, time. You are probably also allowing packages to get past your load area making your now even more overworked coworkers downstream think to themselves "Damnit, I am not paid enough money to deal with this crap".