New Pickup procedure for Express. Relabel everything!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Perhaps Express will get rid of date definite labels in the future. They are the only service in the industry that has the actual delivery date on it. The rest have the service commits stored electronically via scans, not on the label. It's a tech hurdle you guys need to overcome.

Wrong.
As soon as someone says "Hey, this package was supposed to be here yesterday". The first thing I say is, "Well, let's look at the label".
"Hmmmmmmmmm, says right here, standard overnight. Commit date shows today's date. That means the shipper just sent it out yesterday. Guaranteed."

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
BTW,
I mentioned this new directive about relabeling or, putting an additional ASTRA label on any pkg. that had a pouch to my sr. mgr. and he said that that news has been out for a month.

Did they ever tell us about it? NO.
So, don't sweat it.

TUT

Wrong.
As soon as someone says "Hey, this package was supposed to be here yesterday". The first thing I say is, "Well, let's look at the label".
"Hmmmmmmmmm, says right here, standard overnight. Commit date shows today's date. That means the shipper just sent it out yesterday. Guaranteed."

Not what I'm talking about. Your Express labels stamp the delivery day on the label. If I tender an Express package on the wrong day that will not meet that expectation printed on the label, a new label has to be generated. No other carrier has such a strict system. I could make a label with today's date on it, give it to them next week and the clock starts the moment they scan it first, not the date on the label. Makes really large shipments of Express hard to do, nervous to do, can I afford to relabel if there is a hiccup on my end?

MAKAVELI

Not what I'm talking about. Your Express labels stamp the delivery day on the label. If I tender an Express package on the wrong day that will not meet that expectation printed on the label, a new label has to be generated. No other carrier has such a strict system. I could make a label with today's date on it, give it to them next week and the clock starts the moment they scan it first, not the date on the label. Makes really large shipments of Express hard to do, nervous to do, can I afford to relabel if there is a hiccup on my end?
The customer doesn't have to create another label. When a courier scans the label, our powerpad will prompt us to print a new label. Pretty simple but can add time to process large shipments for the courier. You have nothing to be nervous about. The clock starts the time we scan the pkg just like any other carrier.

TUT

The customer doesn't have to create another label. When a courier scans the label, our powerpad will prompt us to print a new label. Pretty simple but can add time to process large shipments for the courier. You have nothing to be nervous about. The clock starts the time we scan the pkg just like any other carrier.

Well it depends now doesn't it? If I have 5K packages for Express and I miss a day for whatever reason. Your team would definitely ask me to relabel, sometimes straight up demand it. Just sayin that Ground or UPS that is a non-issue, the clock starts on first scan, no relabel. Sort of like I can just load palettes onto trucks UPS and Ground, while Express wants to breakdown pallets and scan each pkg on the dock, taking up my space. Do they even see what the "state of the industry" is? Talk about ways to save money, that has to be a huge cost.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well it depends now doesn't it? If I have 5K packages for Express and I miss a day for whatever reason. Your team would definitely ask me to relabel, sometimes straight up demand it. Just sayin that Ground or UPS that is a non-issue, the clock starts on first scan, no relabel. Sort of like I can just load palettes onto trucks UPS and Ground, while Express wants to breakdown pallets and scan each pkg on the dock, taking up my space. Do they even see what the "state of the industry" is? Talk about ways to save money, that has to be a huge cost.

You do art supplies (palettes)?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Express wants to breakdown pallets and scan each pkg on the dock, taking up my space. Do they even see what the "state of the industry" is? Talk about ways to save money, that has to be a huge cost.

I agree with you there. The fact that Express dudes have to scan EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE is a problem. But, don't you think it adds to reliability? We have to audit EVERY SINGLE international pkg. too.

TUT

I agree with you there. The fact that Express dudes have to scan EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE is a problem. But, don't you think it adds to reliability? We have to audit EVERY SINGLE international pkg. too.

That is what they tell me, Sales actually doesn't believe it, but that is what they tell Sales to tell me. I bring #'s and logic into it. I don't have issue with your Ground Service or UPS in terms of losses. It's not like because Express does this step, that I have less losses. It's all pretty comparable these days in those cases, no matter if you scan on my dock or at your hubs. So when the results are equal, I would go with speed, efficiency and savings. One side of your company is peachy not doing it and isn't losing their shirts, you'd think the two would talk and come to an equal conclusion in a case like this. I say put the packages directly on the trailers and move at the speed of business.