New Social Security bill

He's not talking about everyone getting higher benefits. He's asking if a guy making half a million a year gets SS taxed on the entire half million does he get a much higher SS benefit when he retires?

By the way if you remove the cap and tax all income, then turn around and give everyone a much higher benefit then you're not any better off than before. Still will go insolvent. And depending on how much you increase benefits you may end up crashing the system sooner.
The cap right now is around $168,000 for social security
There's no cap limit on the Medicare tax
But unfortunately the more you make the smaller percentage you get

rickyb

He's not talking about everyone getting higher benefits. He's asking if a guy making half a million a year gets SS taxed on the entire half million does he get a much higher SS benefit when he retires?

By the way if you remove the cap and tax all income, then turn around and give everyone a much higher benefit then you're not any better off than before. Still will go insolvent. And depending on how much you increase benefits you may end up crashing the system sooner.
Even i said its only good till 2075 with that 1 solurion

He d8d mention higher benefits

vantexan

No after you go over certain income bracket you have to pay more towards it
I'm saying no matter how much you pay into Medicare your benefit is pretty much the same, right? Doesn't work like SS where you pay more and get a bigger monthly payout. And if they eliminate the cap on SS will those making say half a million a year get a much higher SS benefit or do they still limit the highest you can get? And will businesses still have to match dollar for dollar?

I'm saying no matter how much you pay into Medicare your benefit is pretty much the same, right? Doesn't work like SS where you pay more and get a bigger monthly payout. And if they eliminate the cap on SS will those making say half a million a year get a much higher SS benefit or do they still limit the highest you can get? And will businesses still have to match dollar for dollar?
Yes the company still has to match
Or if you're self-employed do you have to pay double

Yes you get the same healthcare no matter what your income is but over certain limits they charge you more for your Part B part C party and so on

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Yes the company still has to match
Or if you're self-employed do you have to pay double

Yes you get the same healthcare no matter what your income is but over certain limits they charge you more for your Part B part C party and so on
Problem with Medicare is geezers using the hospital as hotels.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Max that SS pays this year is $4,873 / month.
That's less than my pension.
Your pension isn’t paying people that never put in a dime. SS is paying plenty that just take,never gave. That person getting the $4873 paid for them.