New Training Designed To Oppress

And on top of that, they hold their last five years of stock hostage to force them to stay...we have had about 10 management go out on mental leave in the last 6 months....sounds like a great rewarding job.....just can't figure out why they hate the drivers so much when their own "so called" partners are the ones screwing them.
We have had a ton do that here.

Sheep DAWG

Yea I don't know of any drivers that go out on mental leave, I guess the ones that can't handle the stress have all been promoted into management years ago..

Sheep DAWG

You are correct. Even if they are so desperate to promote someone without full degree , they have to complete *or buy) their degree online in a timely matter. And they will not be considered for any higher positions until. We have some old managers and Supervisors who resent these new guys being promoted above them when they know they are clueless....but hey....they have a degree..lol.

Sheep DAWG

We had one new supervisor who never drove a package car, have so many accidents just pulling package car out of the building that I finally filed a file a grievance on him because I felt threatened when he was behind the wheel. ...haha

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
UPS does have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders but there is no such Federal requirement that all management personnel have a college degree.
That is done at the executive level. My decisions have no material effect on earnings so I am not expected to act with the shareholder in mind. IE does that and my planning is based on what they give me.

Sheep DAWG

I know you old timer management people know all this bs started when we went on open stock market. That was the beginning of all the idiots running things.
We do have some good managers still around, but they are just an empty shell these days. UPS doesn't want managers that actually have skills In managing . They want people with no brains, but a degree (doesn't matter if it's bought) and if they are told to jump, they better do it with springs on their shoes.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm telling you , do your homework. It is regulated by federal regulations. It's an insurance to protect the so called well being of the company and protect share holders and that's why Jim Casey got the company off thr stock market once before, and It was even stated in his book. That's why the don't promote drivers any more. That's why thesee New sups are so :censored2: after they get hired and find out they are making less money, pay for part if their insurance, and no more pension for those hired now. It would be a cut in pay to go into management.
It is not my responsibility to do homework on your points. If you have an argument you back it up with facts, not rhetoric

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had one new supervisor who never drove a package car, have so many accidents just pulling package car out of the building that I finally filed a file a grievance on him because I felt threatened when he was behind the wheel. ...haha
Need touchup... Bumper on order be here in a yeAr and a half.....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You are way too young to remember that movie . It might surprise you but guys who were teens in the 80's had Huge crushes on Molly ringwald.... She was a sex symbol for us 40 somethings
I've watched it a few times. For sure wasn't around back then though. The immaculate conception would happen for another 6 years

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
And on top of that, they hold their last five years of stock hostage to force them to stay...we have had about 10 management go out on mental leave in the last 6 months....sounds like a great rewarding job.....just can't figure out why they hate the drivers so much when their own "so called" partners are the ones screwing them.
It's a two way street.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You may be good at what you do? I happen to think that is becoming more rare, overall.
I'm just saying, I hear all the time I'm a 30 day wonder blah blah. There wouldn't be 30 day wonders if guys didn't treat union employees going into management like the enemy.

The moment I went into management I had half the building turn their backs on me. And I didn't even make a decision yet.