New Training Designed To Oppress

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS has always been a harsh company to work for, I totally agree. But when we started focusing more on those measured numbers and "service" took a second place seat, I knew it was only time before the Center managers and Supervisors also got a second place seat, those guys are not taken care of and made to feel as the partner they once were. UPS does have the technology to measure better with, but that doesn't effect me. It effects management. They can replace management with a manager from Auto zone now. All you need to be able to do is Run reports, we use to call that a secretary .
You shouldn't compare auto zone to ups ... Auto zone managers are much more competent ....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
+
Ups pays their part timers minimum wage and look at how they push those people... Game over, thanks for playing ...
The Teamsters are the one's that decide what the Part-timers make per hour ... not UPS.
UPS does pay more than $10 an hour when they find a way to work around the Teamsters.

Sheep DAWG

I think in the next contract the part timers may get a substantial raise. According to the numbers, UPS has cut out enough of the Supervisors benefits, to offset the difference. Some of the single part timers may agree to carry some of management spouses on their insurance. We can at least try to negotiate it.