New Training Designed To Oppress

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our Center manager says the the company could care less about 9/5 pay outs. It's cheaper to pay you if they end up paying at all, than to put an extra driver on the road. In the new training for Supervisors, the progressive discipline you will receive when they ride with you. Will be exchanged for you dropping your 9/5 or taking half.
If you trust anything a scrapper center manager thinks well....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS does have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders but there is no such requirement that all management personnel have a college degree.
But I have seen people wanting to go into mgt and sups who want to move higher and the college thing has been mentioned.....not say it's true but they have used it as an excuse...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But I have seen people wanting to go into mgt and sups who want to move higher and the college thing has been mentioned.....not say it's true but they have used it as an excuse...

It is a company requirement, not a Federal one.

New FT supervisors either have to have or be working toward their 4 year degrees.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS does have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders but there is no such requirement that all management personnel have a college degree.
And they don't have a responsibility to their employees to have a safe and healthy workplace??? And not some cat and mouse game played by the company with ohsa...it's a joke around here that the only time ups cares about safety is when it gets in the way of production, but it isn't a joke...there is something wrong with that

Sheep DAWG

I'm telling you , do your homework. It is regulated by federal regulations. It's an insurance to protect the so called well being of the company and protect share holders and that's why Jim Casey got the company off thr stock market once before, and It was even stated in his book. That's why the don't promote drivers any more. That's why thesee New sups are so pissed after they get hired and find out they are making less money, pay for part if their insurance, and no more pension for those hired now. It would be a cut in pay to go into management.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm telling you , do your homework. It is regulated by federal regulations. It's an insurance to protect the so called well being of the company and protect share holders and that's why Jim Casey got the company off thr stock market once before, and It was even stated in his book. That's why the don't promote drivers any more. That's why thesee New sups are so :censored2: after they get hired and find out they are making less money, pay for part if their insurance, and no more pension for those hired now. It would be a cut in pay to go into management.
They are begging drivers to get promoted to mgt....nobody wants to go in!!! Low mip, constant stress, pay for healthcare and no spouse on your healthcare if they have their own... What major company has a policy like this....that was the final kick in the nuts!!! Do you think upper upper mgt has the same policy????

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm telling you , do your homework. It is regulated by federal regulations. It's an insurance to protect the so called well being of the company and protect share holders and that's why Jim Casey got the company off thr stock market once before, and It was even stated in his book. That's why the don't promote drivers any more. That's why thesee New sups are so :censored2: after they get hired and find out they are making less money, pay for part if their insurance, and no more pension for those hired now. It would be a cut in pay to go into management.

Got a link to prove that?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Sounds a little unconstitutional to me.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You are way too young to remember that movie . It might surprise you but guys who were teens in the 80's had Huge crushes on Molly ringwald.... She was a sex symbol for us 40 somethings
Personally I could go more for the basketcase myself.

Sheep DAWG

And on top of that, they hold their last five years of stock hostage to force them to stay...we have had about 10 management go out on mental leave in the last 6 months....sounds like a great rewarding job.....just can't figure out why they hate the drivers so much when their own "so called" partners are the ones screwing them.