New Years plans

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It'll be a night in for me. Tonight's one of those nights all the worst drivers in the world come out at once. Don't feel like having a $10,000 bounty on my head.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
so anyone doing anything big tonight?

Had a pretty big night planned with my best friend and his wife but his parents decided to leave for Florida Monday and now have no one to watch the kids.
Well it wouldnt be a big night , find another babysitter.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
so anyone doing anything big tonight?

Our plan is to eat italian take out and rent a movie. I wanted to soak in the spa, but it's going to be too cold tonight.

I know, we're boring...

I made a fantastic prime rib for Christmas.

Put it on the smoker at 210 until the internal temp was 130. Pulled it and stoked the fire till it was 600. Put it back on and put a nice crust on all sides. Pulled it, sliced and ate. It was done to perfection. Start to finish is took 2.5 hours.

I LOVE the crispy fat on the edge of prime rib. :drool:
Tony made a super delicious prime rib in the oven for Christmas dinner. He started it at 500 friend and reduced it to 325 after 15 minutes. He used a meat thermometer and took it out at 115.

The smoker method sounds really good. We'll have to try that.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Our plan is to eat italian take out and rent a movie. I wanted to soak in the spa, but it's going to be too cold tonight.

I know, we're boring...

Tony made a super delicious prime rib in the oven for Christmas dinner. He started it at 500 friend and reduced it to 325 after 15 minutes. He used a meat thermometer and took it out at 115.

The smoker method sounds really good. We'll have to try that.

You didn't quite get a white Christmas.

Firefighters in Southern California completed the rescue early Wednesday of more than 180 motorists who were stranded when a winter storm brought snow to the San Bernardino Mountains.

The San Bernardino County Fire Department said in a news release that 136 people were rescued on State Highway 138 near the communities of Crestline and Mount Baldy, about 50 miles from Los Angeles.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/.../california-snow-san-bernadino-fire/21093137/