New Years @ Time Square - Toshiba

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hoaxster, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Anybody else find it ironic that the ball drops down onto the Toshiba countdown clock tower at Times Square?
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I'm still trying to picture 1 million people crammed in to that tiny area.

Early estimates are that 4 million will be at the inauguration. Can't wrap my head around that number of people in one place at one time. I will be watching history being made from the comfort of my recliner.
  3. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

For all those people, at least the Port-a Potties are still made in the USA....:poop: Or do we outsource "outhouses" also ?
  4. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I cannot fathom being around 1 million people, when its 5 degrees, late, and did I mention 5 degrees.
    Heck I dont like being around more than 10.
    The last rock concert I went in to, I got carried by the crowd. Convinced me to never go again. Crowds can be animals.
  5. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Saw that on tv, in Seattle in a nice hotel room directly across from the Space Needle. For once it was a clear night & quite a show. Best of all we did not have to sit in the traffic mess afterwards.
  6. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Actually, I think you would be warm with all that body heat and being crammed together so closely. :happy-very:
    I don't think I would relish the idea either. I hate crowds too. Makes me nervous.