New York Legalizes Same Sex Marriage

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wasn't alive in the 20's !! Idiot!
Never been to Louisiana....too hot, too muggy, too buggy. I eliminated all those places that were that way and the ones that had snow & the only places left were west of the Mississippi for me....and even those are few & far between. NV. AZ. & CA.

I spend lots of time in Vegas. I gamble a lot, but I don't see ridiculous people (unless in a floor show). Mostly it's casual, jeans, boots.....or Harley-type dress.

I think it would be fun to see all these people who think they are not discriminaters.......take yourself and your 9 & 12 yr. old daughters to a gay pride parade.

Some of the goings on are disgusting . Teaching sex in school is tame com[pared to these events. This'll confuse your youngins'.

The Pride Parade was held in Chicago this weekend despite the attempts of some to prevent any "goings on".
http://www.suntimes.com/6185096-417...ches-on-after-tires-slashed-on-51-floats.html

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think I forgot to mention that I have as much disgust for the regular old married couple who feel they have to prove to everybody around them that they are sooooooo much in love. I don't want to see someone's tongue down somebody's throat while I'm eating dinner. Movie stars are big offenders here. I'm always saying, "For God's sake, get a room!" These are probably the people who cheat on each other or fight like cats & dogs in their homes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Something tells me im on to something......

sturgis-ridejpg-434e8da8bf94ae11_large.jpg

Peace.

I think I forgot to mention that I have as much disgust for the regular old married couple who feel they have to prove to everybody around them that they are sooooooo much in love. I don't want to see someone's tongue down somebody's throat while I'm eating dinner. Movie stars are big offenders here. I'm always saying, "For God's sake, get a room!" These are probably the people who cheat on each other or fight like cats & dogs in their homes.

Have you ever considered its not all the others, its you?

Buddybrown

Psst Moreluck. Even been to mardi gras? Its worse, and those aint gay people. Get over it, the roaring 20's are long gone maam. Peace.
Or Vegas any given night
Your arguments are further discredited by your own lack of understanding. Please tell us how mardi gras and Vegas have anything to do with the gay rights in America and how gay people should act responsibly just like everyone else. Oh and how do you know that gay people don’t celebrate mardi gras??? OMG, pure garbage assumptions just to undermine other posters, MAN!

Your arguments are further discredited by your own lack of understanding. Please tell us how mardi gras and Vegas have anything to do with the gay rights in America and how gay people should act responsibly just like everyone else. Oh and how do you know that gay people don’t celebrate mardi gras??? OMG, pure garbage assumptions just to undermine other posters, MAN!

I took their posts as pointing out that heterosexuals act the same way given the opportunity. They don`t sell beads at Mardi Gras by the truckload for nothing.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

DUH, the subject was changed a few posts ago, we were showing something called "on the contrary"....maybe you missed the juncture.

The claims that the "gays" are all about parading around being sexual as if STRAIGHT people dont do the same things in public, mardi gras being the largest example.

Vegas on the other hand promotes straight sexuality on the streets, in the alleys, in all advertising and in the hotels themselves. Seems like those who oppose gay rights are ok with straight people flaunting sexuality in beer commercials, cigarette ads or magazines.

Gay pride in todays america is simply put, a release to finally be accepted as americans and not freaks. We may not all agree with the practice, but if you are truly against goverment intervention in peoples lives, let us agree that we all need to get out of the lives of the gay populace.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
gay marriage just another scam to provide lawyers with more work.
After all who are the one that write theses laws, get them put on the books and reap the rewards, especially when couples divorce ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
gay marriage just another scam to provide lawyers with more work.
After all who are the one that write theses laws, get them put on the books and reap the rewards, especially when couples divorce ?

BABA, the house and senate are filled with LAWYERS and DOCTORS and they write plenty of laws to benefit themselves, and your worried about gay rights?

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is this why tort reform is always put on the back burner?

Tort reform is brought up every year by the republicans, but it wont pass. It has been brought up going back to Ronald Reagan. Tort reform sounds great when the republicans pitch the idea, but when you look at whats offered as REFORM, you see the devil in the woodpile.

The republicans would like to see a CAP on awards for malpractice claims at $150K. In other cases, a CAP of $90K would be the highest amount of money a person could sue a doctor for. IN law, 44% of that 90K would go to the lawyers.

If youre injured by a doctor, and permanently injured, the max you would recieve is 150K.

How does this help the patient affected? Who would this benefit other than the doctors and insurance companies?

Believe me, if the republicans could control both houses with a majority, this will become law.

Peace.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The republicans would like to see a CAP on awards for malpractice claims at $150K. In other cases, a CAP of $90K would be the highest amount of money a person could sue a doctor for. IN law, 44% of that 90K would go to the lawyers.

If youre injured by a doctor, and permanently injured, the max you would recieve is 150K.

The proposed"cap" you are referring to is a cap on punitive damages, not on economic damages. In other words, if your doc screwed up and as a result your leg had to be amputated and you became disabled, you could still sue for lost wages and additional medical expenses, all of which might add up to millions. The intent of tort and malpractice reform is to protect doctors from ambulance-chasing attorneys and fraudlent, excessive malpractice claims....the cost of which is simply passed on to the honest consumers.

wkmac

No one knows the names of the first gay couple to exchange wedding vows. You should keep that in mind as same-sex marriage becomes law in New York: The earliest milestones on the road to marital equality were made quietly, privately, and far from any civil authority. The public recognition of gay unions emerged gradually, reaching wider and wider circles until finally even governments started climbing aboard. Contrary to the rhetoric you still hear from some of the idea's opponents, gay marriage was not cooked up in some D.C. laboratory and imposed on America by social engineers. It was built from the bottom up, and it was alive at a time when the typical social engineer thought homosexuality was a disease.

All In The Gay Family

Babagounj

Strength through joy
BABA, the house and senate are filled with LAWYERS and DOCTORS and they write plenty of laws to benefit themselves, and your worried about gay rights?

Peace.
where did I mention that I was " worried about gay rights "?
All I did was mention that passing this law only benefited one select group to always provide themselves with a cash cow.
This is just another fine example of where you have twisted someone else's words to provide yourself with some glorified satisfaction.