New York Legalizes Same Sex Marriage

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't agree that all citizens should have equal rights.........convicts lose their rights and they give them up freely by the decisions they make. Felons lose their right to vote & have guns.....and so it should be.

Ok, maybe a slip on your part, or something you wish you could take back, but since you wont clarify this statement, then the readers can only "guess" as to what you meant. Im going to take a guess that you mean, you dont believe all citizens should have equal rights with respect to hispanics, blacks and any other minority group you dont particularly care for.

A minority group could be homosexual persons, or retarded persons or midgets.

The founding fathers didnt believe in equal rights for all citizens either, Michele Bachman agrees with them and would like to return to the days when this was the standard.

Your statement opens the door for speculation. Clarifying the statement "narrows" that speculation.

I offered an "opinion" since there was no clarification.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, maybe a slip on your part, or something you wish you could take back, but since you wont clarify this statement, then the readers can only "guess" as to what you meant. Im going to take a guess that you mean, you dont believe all citizens should have equal rights with respect to hispanics, blacks and any other minority group you dont particularly care for.

A minority group could be homosexual persons, or retarded persons or midgets.

The founding fathers didnt believe in equal rights for all citizens either, Michele Bachman agrees with them and would like to return to the days when this was the standard.

Your statement opens the door for speculation. Clarifying the statement "narrows" that speculation.

I offered an "opinion" since there was no clarification.

Peace.
The fact that you enlarge it, make it bolder & blacker does not change what it says!! My clarification was the convict scenario or were you unable to read that part.......what, your blood started to boil before you finished the post? I don't need to take back stuff, that's what the edit function is for.

You are race challenged! How could you possibly read into my statement that I was referring to black & hispanics??? The convict was the example and I didn't mention a color for her or him. You assumed and made an ass out of yourself.
MIDGETS !!! OMG !! Let's hear from the Roloff family on this one. Yes, if the little person happens to be a felon, then their rights won't be equal to mine and they can't vote or carry a gun.

You a pulling at strings trying to hold on to your rope....just let go!

moreluck

golden ticket member

I mention felony convicts and you say I'm racist!! That means you automatically ASSUME that the felon is black or Hispanic. You are the real racist!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The fact that you enlarge it, make it bolder & blacker does not change what it says!! My clarification was the convict scenario or were you unable to read that part.......what, your blood started to boil before you finished the post? I don't need to take back stuff, that's what the edit function is for.

You are race challenged! How could you possibly read into my statement that I was referring to black & hispanics??? The convict was the example and I didn't mention a color for her or him. You assumed and made an ass out of yourself.
MIDGETS !!! OMG !! Let's hear from the Roloff family on this one. Yes, if the little person happens to be a felon, then their rights won't be equal to mine and they can't vote or carry a gun.

You a pulling at strings trying to hold on to your rope....just let go!

Ok, I sort of understand the clarification. You said "convicts lose their rights and they give them up freely by the decisions they make"

Convicts dont give up their rights. Where do you get this? They are still protected by the constitution from cruel and unusual punishment, a fair trial, due process and representation. They give up their FREEDOM but not by choice and surely not FREELY, they are punished for their actions and that choice is NOT theirs to make.

Look at Casey Anthony, she sits there all smug, but her rights intact until she is convicted. Then, no one will ask her if she "FREELY" is willing to give up her rights. Her right to freedom will be determined by 12 citizens after consideration of the evidence.

So, if convicts dont lose their rights, then that cannot explain your first part of your statement.

Felons lose only two rights. The right to own guns and the right to vote. In most cases, those preventions are useless because those who would commit crimes usually do them with a gun without a permit or license, and as an added bonus, they dont vote either.

I have never heard of a gang member who killed a person in a driveby with an illegal handgun and then raced home to fill out his voter registration card.

I am still confused over your intended meaning, but I will accept your explanation.

sarah-palin-foot-in-mouth.jpg

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quit nitpicking.....do felons have the right to buy a gun ????? I do. Therefore, our rights are different and the reason is they said "yes" to crime.

Grow up! You make it sound like they are poor victims of society. HELLO!!! They committed a crime, they didn't say no and they thought they could get away with it. They cause their rights to be taken from them. I say 'no' to crime and so do plenty of other people from all walks of life. We get to keep our rights because of our actions.

You are one twisted sister!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Felons lose only two rights. The right to own guns and the right to vote..."(TOS)

Therefore they have 2 less rights than me......therefore we don't have equal rights, do we??

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I am still confused over your intended meaning, but I will accept your explanation....." (TOS)

Having explained it several times, I just think you can't read. I guess it's your turn at the dumb wheel!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"Felons lose only two rights. The right to own guns and the right to vote..."(TOS)

Therefore they have 2 less rights than me......therefore we don't have equal rights, do we??

Ok, maybe your not following me. Those who were convicted didnt care about those two rights in the first place, and taking them away does not change their circumstances. They will still get a gun and they still wont vote. At the end of the day, Comparing you to a criminal are still equal.

Nothing changes.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS, the jury will not get their chance to weigh the evidence and render a decision as I am afraid this case will be declared a mistrial.

Unfortunately, your prolly right. The defense strategy I believe is to de rail the case and get a mistrial. The defense for KC is probably the worst display of lawyering ive ever seen in a major trial making Johnny Cochran look like superstar.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, maybe your not following me. Those who were convicted didnt care about those two rights in the first place, and taking them away does not change their circumstances. They will still get a gun and they still wont vote. At the end of the day, Comparing you to a criminal are still equal.

Nothing changes.

Peace.

Whether they care about the rights or not is not the point. We don't have equal rights, that's the point. The felon has less rights than the non-felon. If you don't understand that, you need help.
Puh-leez!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Nothing changes.

Peace.

Rather LARGE assumptions on your part.

I don't agree that all citizens should have equal rights.........convicts lose their rights and they give them up freely by the decisions they make. Felons lose their right to vote & have guns.....and so it should be.

You are half (maybe a little more) correct. Some states do ban convicted felons from voting, permanently but
not all states do. A couple of states have no such restrictions.

TOS, the jury will not get their chance to weigh the evidence and render a decision as I am afraid this case will be declared a mistrial.
I agree that it will probably be a mistrial, but I think it will because of the jury being unable to come to a complete agreement.

Hey UpState...look, I put two replies in one post. Are ya proud of me ??? :)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Before this issue became law, if two or more people wish to live together then they could without any legal papers. Now with legal papers involved the issue becomes clouded should the "marriage" need to be ended. Before everyone could just walk away, but now legal documents must be agreed upon and submitted to a court , thus becoming part of the public records.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Before this issue became law, if two or more people wish to live together then they could without any legal papers. Now with legal papers involved the issue becomes clouded should the "marriage" need to be ended. Before everyone could just walk away, but now legal documents must be agreed upon and submitted to a court , thus becoming part of the public records.
If they want ALL the rights, then they get ALL of them !!