News Story about Changing insurance to Team Care

BlackCat

The national contract did pass. And instead of relying on hearsay, read the current CS benefits yourself - items will only be adjusted down, not up.

And I don't need to be rude, but if your kid sneezed has classic signs of a cold, etc. he/she doesn't need to be going to the E.R. or doctor. You choosing to take him/her there ultimately causes me -- somebody's who responsible -- to pay more for my health care. Thus, I agree with escalators that are being implemented.

Like I said, the current PPO was a bone to get us to move away from the traditional health insurance; UPS didn't offer it to us again. Management currently pays $70/week (or more) for similar insurance. We may be paying a few hundred more bucks, but it's still "free."

​Who the hell are you to decide when I should take my kid to the DR?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

LOL, did I suggest that?* I said I support escalators that would make you think otherwise. Easy for you to take your kid to the ER when he sneezes and it costs you only $10 out of pocket. When the cost is $40, you'll think twice about it (and thinking twice is a good thing)...

*I do suggest Hooked on Phonics for ya...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

LOL, did I suggest that?* I said I support escalators that would make you think otherwise. Easy for you to take your kid to the ER when he sneezes and it costs you only $10 out of pocket. When the cost is $40, you'll think twice about it (and thinking twice is a good thing)...

An ex driver I know wife probably went to the dr once a week while he was at ups.

Now that they don't have that insurance. Don't know if she's been in a year or two. She would go everytime she "didn't feel right".

Overpaid Union Thug

Agreed. Anyone that takes their kids to the ER for a cold, or any other minor medical setback, is helping wreck the system.

ymelord

Somebody help me with this, IF rates go up (with the implement of Obama care) who cover the raise, would UPS, or the employee's, because we know Teamsters can't.

balland chain

Most likely Teamcare will absorb the cost and then pass them onto us via higher copays. And since the teamsters allowed the language that they, at their digression, can make changes to our insurance, they can and most likely will reduce coverage. We are currently 80/20, but if they have increased cost', we will be the ones paying..I am not sure, but they may be able to reduce coverage to 70/30.. At this point nothing will surprise me.. I am retiring soon, and I am not yet 55 so I will have to purchase my own insurance ( until age 55, then I will be offered Teamcare at a current cost of 250, future cost in the area of 400 for a single) anyway, I can purchase insurance from United health care for 279.00 per month. It does have a 5K deductible but since I am healthy I am not concerned. I am hoping when I retire with my crappy southeast pension of 2K per month that will have me in a lower income bracket so I may qualify for a larger discount. I am waiting for Obama care to kick in before I buy my insurance. In a nut shell, I am hoping to have nothing to do with Central states once I retire.. The insurance is a joke at the price they charge us..

kingOFchester

Somebody help me with this, IF rates go up (with the implement of Obama care) who cover the raise, would UPS, or the employee's, because we know Teamsters can't.

Teamsters (meaning the ones humping boxes day in and day out). Period. UPS is washing their hands of our healthcare.

smiley-sick006.gif
smiley-sick006.gif

C

chuchu

The national contract did pass. And instead of relying on hearsay, read the current CS benefits yourself - items will only be adjusted down, not up.

And I don't need to be rude, but if your kid sneezed has classic signs of a cold, etc. he/she doesn't need to be going to the E.R. or doctor. You choosing to take him/her there ultimately causes me -- somebody's who responsible -- to pay more for my health care. Thus, I agree with escalators that are being implemented.

Like I said, the current PPO was a bone to get us to move away from the traditional health insurance; UPS didn't offer it to us again. .... The National was passed by regions that don't have our healthcare (New England for example). Our fact sheet from the BA said prescriptions can cost UP TO $50 each and there was way too much unknown abt the proposed plan. The IBT even acknowledged that.
The guy didn't say he took his children to the Dr every time they sneezed. Let's talk as adults that are dealing with the same stresses and there's a lot more wrong with the 17i and other supplement language that makes me wonder if we will get to retire if we don't fix those issues.
An employee in another company has TEAMcare and he said it took six months for him to get a disability check when he was injured off the job. There's a lot of info not yet seen on this medical plan. We have to be realistic about the benefits but the other abusive language makes me cringe more. Maybe they can send my Valium Rx by mail ahead of time.

ymelord

So if we vote down the area supplement again, does that mean they can't sign the national, that keeping them from implementing teamcare. And what happened to supplements over ruling national? Didn't we have different insurance plans around the nation, how is that possible if the national agreement covered everybody. I not an expert here, just looking for imput before i vote no again.

C

chuchu

So if we vote down the area supplement again, does that mean they can't sign the national, that keeping them from implementing teamcare. And what happened to supplements over ruling national? Didn't we have different insurance plans around the nation, how is that possible if the national agreement covered everybody. I not an expert here, just looking for imput before i vote no again.
The IBT "negotiating" team said it couldn't be changed yet the last paragraph of hall ltr said they were working on changes to make TEAMcare more like what the members want...although it was supposed to"mirror" what we had in the company plan. There's more to be concerned about than just fixing the health care issue. If you are in the Central region just type in Teamsters Local 89 and check out the list of junk articles that Louisville listed in their original article about the sup par contract and if those issues aren't fixed we all need to keep voting NO until they are. Just keep the part time workers from getting full time jobs Mr Hall/Hoffa et al.....it won't affect your lifestyle....until you get voted out of office.