NHRA comes to end, LTIP continues

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by airbusfxr, Nov 30, 2009.

1. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

UPS has announced that its sponsorship contract with the National Hot Rod Association expires Dec. 31 and will not be renewed for 2010.

2. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

I'm gonnah jump off a cliff !! LOL

3. rod

rod retired and happy

I hope they aren't thinking about going back to the Olympics again:wink2:

4. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Well, if so, I won't have to order new shirts!!!!!!! :surprised:

5. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Why look for a cliff when you got the Tobin Bridge right in your back yahd?:happy-very:

6. rwsmith67

rwsmith67 New Member

Maybe they should dump Nascar too, when was the last time they put a car in the winners circle??:biting:

7. Who cares?

8. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

They ended sponsorships with the NHRA at the end of 2009. They weren't involved in race teams this year....

9. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

2005 with Jarret at the Fall Talladega race:whiteflag:

10. I think you're missing the real point of the OP. He is actually subtly bring up Scott Davis's compensation. I doubt if he cares about the NHRA, he's just hung up on the compensation level of our executives. He has posts all over BC compalining how the $43.00 an hour the airline mechanics make should be raised because the CEO is getting more. I WILL go on record and state that his arguments are actually deeper than this, but I still believe his point was to bring up the LTIP and not inform about the NHRA.

11. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

Where was this announced? Can you provide a link?

According to ups.com:
    "UPS is part of the world's fastest motorsports attraction as the Preferred Carrier of NHRA. UPS provides Trackside Services at all Full Throttle race venues throughtout the race season."
    http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/sponsor/index.html

12. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

when was the the last time UPS had a "profitable" or at least "benificial" advertising campaign....Mr. Whiteboard has over-extended his long-haired run
    Why is it that major corporations other than UP (no S) can come up w/campaigns that the populace remembers..and it benefits the company

13. rwsmith67

rwsmith67 New Member

Thnx Monavie, it's so long ago I forgot, if a driver performed like that he/she would be LONG GONE!!!:wink2:

14. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

The olympics was a good idea back in 96 when it was in Atlanta, & good to get name out overseas when we were starting to to a profit there after many investments & not much return. The Nascar was a great idea also since it is so popular in this country.{ I would rather watch grass grow} But I believe it paid off.The whiteboard guy was stupid & WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU worked well.How many time did we hear that in a day:angry: But we should go back to THE TIGHTEST SHIP IN THE SHIPPING BUSINESS !! I believe this really showed the customers{remember them Atlanta ?} what it took to drive the business !

15. EmerCond421

EmerCond421 Member

+1

16. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

Now click the link on that page and see what happens. The page has been removed!!!

17. 8Years2Go

8Years2Go Member

Now if they dump NASCAR, maybe they can afford to wash the package cars in our center more than once evey 7 weeks.

18. Just Numbers

Just Numbers Retired

Isn't it amazing that back in the day we used to wash the cars everyday and still found a way to make a profit!!!

19. The price of soapy water is through the roof now!!!

20. JustTired

JustTired free at last.......

I think nascar is losing its' appeal now that it is the "Jimmie Johnson Show". What did it for me was when Johnson passed the leader before the start/finish line on a restart and wasn't penalized for it as others have been. Just like UPS....they bend the rules the way they want, when they want. I've lost all respect for "the powers that be" in both cases.

As to whether or not they should drop their sponsorship.....birds of a feather flock together. No skin off of my nose. OK...enough of the cliches.