Counter Offer!

bacha29

According to published reports UPS has placed a counter offer on the table in response to an IBT threat to ignore official contract expiration date of 7-31 and instead hit the bricks tomorrow 7-1.

While the IBT has called off tomorrow's strike it only agreed to continue to discuss new contract through 7-5.

bacha29

Who ever said we were going on strike tomorrow?
Your president. You know....that Obrien guy. The 7-5 negotiation date is not written in stone and IBT will hold a press conference Saturday. Might be a good idea if as many brown shirts as possible set in on it.

In the meantime the threat of a prior to expiration strike is on hold as your president continues with what he describes as a "leverage campaign".

Your president. You know....that Obrien guy. The 7-5 negotiation date is not written in stone and IBT will hold a press conference Saturday. Might be a good idea if as many brown shirts as possible set in on it.

In the meantime the threat of a prior to expiration strike is on hold as your president continues with what he describes as a "leverage campaign".
When did he say that?

bacha29

He didn't. People that don't understand how this works like to run their mouth.
According to published reports the IBT gave UPS to today to present what it called a "viable offer" or it would end negotiations at that point and call for a strike .

So let's hear your counter interpretation of these events and reports. Is O'Brien talking trash or does he believe that at this very moment his power is at it's greatest level and has decided to take a "use it or lose it approach"?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
According to published reports the IBT gave UPS to today to present what it called a "viable offer" or it would end negotiations at that point and call for a strike .

So let's hear your counter interpretation of these events and reports. Is O'Brien talking trash or does he believe that at this very moment his power is at it's greatest level and has decided to take a "use it or lose it approach"?

Sit back and watch

When did he say we were going on strike on July 1?

bacha29

When did he say we were going on strike on July 1?
Read the published reports stating that the IBT had threatened to end negotiations and strike if UPS did not present a "viable offer" by today. And a strike Friday (today) was the day the report said would be the day when the strike commenced but was called off when that offer was presented.

Ok, now what are your sources telling you? I only have a copyrighted and published report to go by .

Read the published reports stating that the IBT had threatened to end negotiations and strike if UPS did not present a "viable offer" by today. And a strike Friday (today) was the day the report said would be the day when the strike commenced but was called off when that offer was presented.

Ok, now what are your sources telling you? I only have a copyrighted and published report to go by .
Let's see it.

I only have a legaly binding contract and decades of union experience to go by.

I'm sure your lasting experience and vast knowledge of unions and labor negotiations goes a long way, so I don't want to presume I know more than you. Let's just see the copyrighted and published report.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

It would be illegal to end the current contract and strike before August 1st.
I only have the NLRB law.
Screenshot_20230630_182728_Chrome.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Published report from "The Hill" reporting on today's events.....Read it yourself. Whether the IBT was simply using the media to do some saber rattling or they actually meant it....only they know for sure.
So you believe the "Hill" over career UPS employees? You don't think we would know if a strike was possible tomorrow? Lol. I have one of the best local Presidents in the country and you better believe he keeps our guys informed.

bacha29

Oohhhhhh....well if "The Hill" said so...you deserve to look like an ass if that's your news source. Foh
Yet I noticed that you have offered NOTHING in the way of a more credible news source regarding this matter.
Granted, reports of a strike action today did raise eyebrows however 2.5 hours after the report came out the publication has yet to print a correction or retraction.

What that tells me is that what the reporter was told came from IBT officials and was for the record.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yet I noticed that you have offered NOTHING in the way of a more credible news source regarding this matter.
Granted, reports of a strike action today did raise eyebrows however 2.5 hours after the report came out the publication has yet to print a correction or retraction.

What that tells me is that what the reporter was told came from IBT officials and was for the record.
You’re doubling down on something that is factually untrue, and basically impossible.

bacha29

So you believe the "Hill" over career UPS employees? You don't think we would know if a strike was possible tomorrow? Lol. I have one of the best local Presidents in the country and you better believe he keeps our guys informed.
The call the guy and ask him for his comments on this copyrighted story that came out today at 4:30PM Eastern Time.
Remember what I said....."According to reports".

Look, I don't care if you guys have to go on strike and stay out for a year or have to give back 20 bucks and hour in order for UPS to continue to recognize your union or there's a line of scab workers a mile long lined up at every UPS terminal ready to replace you. Makes no difference to me.

All I did was to call your attention to the most recent reports made publicly available.

Rest assured if I had known that the response was going to be a personal attack then if things don't go your way I'll just sit back and smile. After all, contrary to the long standing belief of many of you.....UPS doesn't work for you....You work for them .