Nice pay raise they give to themselves

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I disagree, not with the pay being frozen, but the money going to part timers. To me, the most logical thing to do would be to beef up the pension funds. Part time work is just that, and a part time job is not meant to be able to fully support someone financially. I am sure some folks will rip me on that, but the bottom line is, I am right.
Jesus no no no

Would you people quit being so blind.

The Milkman

On and you must be out of your mind thinking that money would filter down to us

Things are the way they are today because there is no unity like the old guard of years ago. You deserve to be where you are today. Swimming against the tide, going nowhere. Add up all the $$$ Ups has spent on Nascar, Nhra, all the commercials, wasted money spent when the big shots come to your building to spruce up the place to look "Perfect" to them. It adds up and when contract time comes they obviously start crying that they are losing money, etc. etc. They have everyone brainwashed that they will lose their jobs if you don't accept their "Last, best, and final offer". I would think most would like to see some more money trickle down to shore up their benefit plans, but no just put your head down, mull over the facts and limp away complaining with others about the raw deal you took fearing for your job..

The Milkman

Even if you took all of the CEO's pay and spread it to the workers, it would be peanuts to each of us. There's over 400,000 of us.

I remember when bonus's were offered, Senior drivers at that time always said..DON"T Take them.. They would rather see a dime an hour raise which you would not lose, but the bonus's could be taken off the table at any time. So take the peanuts, however small, they add up over the years.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Driver pay should be frozen after this contract. That money saved should be given to pters. They should be starting off at the pay they did back in the 70s before it was taken and given to drivers.
Why are you wanting to take from fellow teamsters?

The CEO just got a $35 million performance bonus.

Do you know how much of a raise that would give the average part timer for a year?

Stop fighting you brother and sister teamsters for their money.

They don't make $35 million on top of their pay for performance bonuses.

Brownslave688

Things are the way they are today because there is no unity like the old guard of years ago. You deserve to be where you are today. Swimming against the tide, going nowhere. Add up all the $$$ Ups has spent on Nascar, Nhra, all the commercials, wasted money spent when the big shots come to your building to spruce up the place to look "Perfect" to them. It adds up and when contract time comes they obviously start crying that they are losing money, etc. etc. They have everyone brainwashed that they will lose their jobs if you don't accept their "Last, best, and final offer". I would think most would like to see some more money trickle down to shore up their benefit plans, but no just put your head down, mull over the facts and limp away complaining with others about the raw deal you took fearing for your job..
You do realize we are compensated very well don't you?

Brownslave688

Some of us are compensated very well. The other half work for minimum wage and no benefits for a year. Maybe take some of that pension money and boost PT wages?
I agree it's why I fought last contract that $10 wasn't much of a boost at all but if you look at it after year one with healthcare and pension.

It's one of the best paying part time jobs there is also

The Milkman

You do realize we are compensated very well don't you?

Yes, for someone to get hired off the street without any skills..Yes. But if a company is that profitable to spend tens of millions on "Tech-spyware" and for many other advertising ads, You would be hard pressed to hear them whine at contract time for "Givebacks" because they can't afford them. Baloney

Brownslave688

Yes, for someone to get hired off the street without any skills..Yes. But if a company is that profitable to spend tens of millions on "Tech-spyware" and for many other advertising ads, You would be hard pressed to hear them whine at contract time for "Givebacks" because they can't afford them. Baloney
Companies advertise they have to.

I agree we shouldn't be giving anything. But we have to stand together and vote no. Ups is going to give us the min they think we will accept. That's just good business. As long as our brothers in the south continue to fold like a cheap tent the contracts will get worse.

The Milkman

Companies advertise they have to.

I agree we shouldn't be giving anything. But we have to stand together and vote no. Ups is going to give us the min they think we will accept. That's just good business. As long as our brothers in the south continue to fold like a cheap tent the contracts will get worse.

I Agree. You have to play your hand better when dealing with Big Brown

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Some of us are compensated very well. The other half work for minimum wage and no benefits for a year. Maybe take some of that pension money and boost PT wages?
Or maybe you put in your time like the rest of us did.

Or maybe you go find a better job and quit complaining that others owe you just because you think you deserve it.

JL 0513

It's not just because UPS is greedy. Our main competition is FedEx, a non union operation paying much less to workers. UPS execs have to figure out a way to compete on shipping pricing with them while paying the highest wages/best benefits in the industry. This is what they're dealing with at the bargaining table. In the end, they meet in the middle if the union is successful.

PT Car Washer

Or maybe you put in your time like the rest of us did.

Or maybe you go find a better job and quit complaining that others owe you just because you think you deserve it.
When I started preloaders were paid $.50/hr less then drivers and unloaders were paid $1.05/hr less then preloaders or sorters because we were all Teamsters working in a Union shop.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
To me, the most logical thing to do would be to beef up the pension funds. Part time work is just that, and a part time job is not meant to be able to fully support someone financially. I am sure some folks will rip me on that, but the bottom line is, I am right.
Wouldn't the most logical thing to do be to make more part timers full time?

The "part time work isn't meant to fully support someone" attitude doesn't work when companies take advantage of that concept to avoid hiring full time workers. And don't give me that "get a second job" line either. The part time starting wage, even at 40 hours a week is an embarrassing wage for a union shop.