No 1-800 How's My Driving

mrbrownstone

Has anyone ever wondered why our package cars don't have that "1-800 How's My Driving" sticker? I don't think feeder trailers have them either.

Personally, I'm happy because while I try to drive safely, I have still made mistakes behind the wheel.

I'm sure if a customer called and said where they had an issue with a driver UPS could easily figure it out but since we are in the transportation business I'm surprised they never tried to spring that on is too.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've considered this too. I'm glad they don't because people never run short on things to call and bitch about as it is. Not to mention a truck with a cheesy "how's my driving?" sign on the back looks a lot less professional.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We get concerns in the center all the time about how drivers are operating PCs.

My favorite was one we got about a month ago. Lady said a driver was doing donuts on her farm with a package car. Talking to her on the phone without bursting out laughing was darn near the hardest thing I've ever done at UPS.

PT Car Washer

Has anyone ever wondered why our package cars don't have that "1-800 How's My Driving" sticker? I don't think feeder trailers have them either.

Personally, I'm happy because while I try to drive safely, I have still made mistakes behind the wheel.

I'm sure if a customer called and said where they had an issue with a driver UPS could easily figure it out but since we are in the transportation business I'm surprised they never tried to spring that on is too.
I have had concerns called in on me for driving. Most times UPS can look at telematics and see if it is a valid concern. As long as corporate is not involved most times they just chalk it up to crackpots.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is one area where Telematics can be your friend (or enemy), especially when the concern is for speeding. We had a concern where the driver was accused of going 55 in a 35---Telematics supported the concern. On the other hand, I had a concern for speeding which Telematics disproved.

neiko

Use to get complaints that I was speeding down roads . and every time it was just the old truck sounding like that when u shift . Im glad telematics can back u up in some cases like that

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"How's my driving" stickers wouldn't work. People wouldn't see it since they are busy texting.

Best complaint I ever received was: "Driver was going fast to stay ahead of the dust".

Cementups

Box Monkey
Those "how's my driving" numbers are not directly to the companies who is operating the truck. They are a third party complaint system. The company involved may or may not actually receive the complaint when one is called in. Whereas people can just call UPS directly and make their complaint.

Those "how's my driving" numbers are not directly to the companies who is operating the truck. They are a third party complaint system. The company involved may or may not actually receive the complaint when one is called in. Whereas people can just call UPS directly and make their complaint.
Right Turn Clyde Compilation:

chris9834

Usually if I suspect someone is trying to call in on me I just beat them too it and tell my side of the story to my on road. So far I only had to do that once. He told me he respected that because he doesnt like suprises, never heard anything else about it.

box_beeyotch

I got a concern once from a Verizon warehouse that said I was speeding. Guy told me to slow down and waved his hands, I completely ignored him, kept driving, pulled up made delivery and left. My on car didn't even pay it any mind aside from telling me next time to give the clown yelling at me a friendly wave. I find it's just easier to ignore stupid people.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I can't even keep up the DIAD scan decals INSIDE the car. (takes a special printer setup I don't have access to).

Packmule

It's interesting to me that trying to find us in the phone book to arrange a pick up is impossible for some, but to call in a complaint the number just jumps right out of the book for them.

S

selfcancelsignal

Who needs a number when some d---head or bich are just gonna give you the slow down hand signal anyway, even though you're only going maybe 5 over. It's the sound of the diesel you morons!