No kneepads in football trend....

qdg2

Last couple of years. A lot of guys have exposed knees. The pants bottoms well above the knee area. No protection at all. I wore as much padding as I could when I played. It's hard to imagine the mindset these guys have. I know kickers have had the look forever . The knee is quite delicate to begin with.....

DriverNerd

I'm not a football fan at all, but considering how many season ending knee injuries that happen it would seem pretty reckless to not use as much protection as possible. But if your total focus is max performance for max money, you'll do just about anything for a competitive advantage.

upschuck

I'm not a football fan at all, but considering how many season ending knee injuries that happen it would seem pretty reckless to not use as much protection as possible. But if your total focus is max performance for max money, you'll do just about anything for a competitive advantage.
Pads would do little for the kinds of injuries that happens to the knee. You'd have to wear those bulky braces, for that, and that would cut down on your mobility, and probably their speed.

qdg2

Pads would do little for the kinds of injuries that happens to the knee. You'd have to wear those bulky braces, for that, and that would cut down on your mobility, and probably their speed.
I'm really talking about contact with the knee or any other un-protected body part....bare skin. I couldn't imagine playing football without pads for my pants....hip, tailbone, thigh and KNEES. BTW, knee braces help but don't eliminate injury. Helps to mitigate 350lb bodies hitting each other. And supporting their own body weight. Money doe not change the laws of physics. People aren't supposed to be that big. You would think the players would get tired of opening up scabs every day.

I hear a radio commercial for weight loss......."Official weight loss provider for....The Dallas Cowboys!". Say, why would a highly conditioned athlete need weight loss? When I played....they ran us till we dropped. Then we lifted weights. Come game day, piece o cake.