Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One more thing I liked about my Aimpoint PRO...when I installed it, I was able to get it bore-sighted by simply looking thru the iron sights and adjusting the red dot so that it was right on top of the front post. So when I got to the range I was already pretty close to dead-on at 50 yards and I didnt have to waste a lot of time and ammo getting it dialed in.

Johney

From the bullseye to the center of my group is about the length of my thumb. At 100 yards. Look at the coin for size reference. I had it sighted dead center at 50 yards but it was pretty windy yesterday, plus I have a slight astigmatism which causes the dot to be a little misshapen. So I will happily take this insanely accurate group.
Still a kill shot at that range for sure with that weapon and I applaud you, but not my definition of "insanely accurate" sorry just my opioin.

oldngray

nowhere special
Still a kill shot at that range for sure with that weapon and I applaud you, but not my definition of "insanely accurate" sorry just my opioin.

Not insane but amazing for that rifle and scope combination.

I have shot better but with bolt actions designed for target/varmints.

I have a .220 Swift that will shoot quarter inch groups and an XP100 pistol in .223 that will shoot half inch groups.

My mini-14 at 100 yards would be more like 2-3 inch groups. It was never intended to be a target rifle though.

Johney

Did he have to pay the $200 tax for each?

They were never totally banned. Just highly regulated.
I don't remember the exact way it was done but basically paid some lawyer to set up a trust for a small fee and once that was done they(seller)sent him the supressors. Now everyone just goes through the trust so no waiting period.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't remember the exact way it was done but basically paid some lawyer to set up a trust for a small fee and once that was done they(seller)sent him the supressors. Now everyone just goes through the trust so no waiting period.

You set up a trust because that way you could still loan it to friends and family. Otherwise it would be illegal for anyone else to shoot your suppressor equipped rifle.

I forget the rest of it but for legal reasons you should set up a trust. You only need to do it once and its still good if you get more suppressors.

Johney

You set up a trust because that way you could still loan it to friends and family. Otherwise it would be illegal for anyone else to shoot your suppressor equipped rifle.

I forget the rest of it but for legal reasons you should set up a trust. You only need to do it once and its still good if you get more suppressors.
I just asked him he said it was around $700 for everything not including the price of the suppressor.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It put 3 shots into a group the size of a quarter. 2 of the shots almost went in the same hole. I generally sight my guns in about 2" high at 100 yards, so that out to about 250 yards I can hold to point of aim and shoot. So yes, my group is about 3" to the right but that was due in part to the wind