Non Safety Assessments Now Required For Continued Employment?

tourists24

Try getting a DUI off the clock. :wink2:

I can easily get a DUI off the clock. Now it may make it a little hard to drive a vehicle legally for a while. The laws makes that UPS business. Other than that, if I decide to drink a case of beer off the clock its none of UPS business.

helenofcalifornia

Wait a minute, I'm still stuck on the fact that some centers don't have computers that are used by the drivers and PTers for these assessments. How did that happen? And how did they luck out?

old levi's

blank space
Wait a minute, I'm still stuck on the fact that some centers don't have computers that are used by the drivers and PTers for these assessments. How did that happen? And how did they luck out?

Also do not have a water cooler, but that's OK because because we don't have water or electricity.
No bathrooms or fans or heat. No roof. It's pretty basic. What we do have is a parking lot and a patched together free standing metal dock.

A

anonymous6

if they can say that drug abuse, alcoholism and obesity are diseases, the next time they try to discipline me for anything , i'll just say i have a Disease.

upsitis

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
if they can say that drug abuse, alcoholism and obesity are diseases, the next time they try to discipline me for anything , i'll just say i have a Disease.

upsitis

Addiction is a disease, substance abuse is an act (not a condition), and obesity is still up for grabs.

A

anonymous6

Addiction is a disease, substance abuse is an act (not a condition), and obesity is still up for grabs.

so if i am a workaholic for ups, then i have a disease and i can use the disease defense for anything i do wrong at work?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does mamagement take the same safety assesments and such as hourly folks do??? I see a time in the very near future when ups starts documenting sick days and who smokes, etc....then use this to raise peoples insurance rates both hourly and mgt.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We dont either. We also dont have an ice machine, or get sick days. Just the luck of the draw.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does mamagement take the same safety assesments and such as hourly folks do??? I see a time in the very near future when ups starts documenting sick days and who smokes, etc....then use this to raise peoples insurance rates both hourly and mgt.

Yes to the first part.

I don't have an opinion on the second part.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
they can say that drug abuse, alcoholism and obesity are diseases, the next time they try to discipline me for anything , i'll just say i have a Disease

so if i am a workaholic for ups, then i have a disease and i can use the disease defense for anything i do wrong at work?

I didn't say anything even close to that, but if that's what you think you are welcome to try it.