Northern New England Pkg Drivers & Feeders...Mandated Lunches??

Do You Take A Full Lunch at the Correct Time Everyday?

• Yea

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Ney

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

542thruNthru

Do you get any paid breaks? What we were told was because we get 2 15 minute paid breaks the company noticed everyone would take those but no lunch. So they forced the lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Side question: If U were not pressured to take a lunch would U?
There are a few contracts written that it's half hour mandatory half hour optional. This is how I would like it.

I take a ten min break after air. Then a 20-25 minute break for lunch. If I work over 10 hours I'll take the rest and eat dinner one the road too.

542thruNthru

What's happening now is guys are delivering there last package and punching out for lunch as they drive back. Hate to be that guy that gets into an accident on lunch.

UPS Preloader

Putting out a litmus test on mandated lunches being crammed down our throats. Would love to hear any/all stories concerning lunches especially ones claiming disciplinary action including any panel stories if they exist. I am hearing rumors and am trying to differentiate between fact and fiction. No lunch taken for years here. Trying to keep it that way. Thanks in Advance.:-)

I support everyone taking a lunch, but that being said, you need to request the reports showing all breaks being taken. You will find out they only enforce it when it's in their favor. Example, most Saturday air drivers don't take lunch, nor do preloaders who drive air after the shift. (They should be going on lunch before delivering air.). Once you can prove that they are not enforcing it across the board, it makes grieving it much easier as they are now targeting you. This worked in our building, and we have several drivers that don't take lunch. FYI - Northern New England as well.

I support everyone taking a lunch, but that being said, you need to request the reports showing all breaks being taken. You will find out they only enforce it when it's in their favor. Example, most Saturday air drivers don't take lunch, nor do preloaders who drive air after the shift. (They should be going on lunch before delivering air.). Once you can prove that they are not enforcing it across the board, it makes grieving it much easier as they are now targeting you. This worked in our building, and we have several drivers that don't take lunch. FYI - Northern New England as well.
Excellent answer.