Numb fingers

Discussion in 'Health and Medical Topics' started by rkoehnke, Oct 7, 2012.

1. rkoehnke

rkoehnke New Member

Ive been working at ups as an unloader for 2 months and lately my finger have become somewhat numb. Not completly but enough to notice. should i be concerned? Has anyone else had this problem?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yes. I was experiencing numbness in my pinky and ring fingers on both hands. I had an EMG done and they decided that I needed surgery to relocate my ulnar nerve, which runs from the shoulder through the elbow to the hand. The surgery was successful.

3. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Sounds like carpal tunnel. Could be blood flow and the heart. Get it checked.

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I had carpal release on both hands. I still have 'carpal'. They are pretty sure the symptoms are being caused by the damage on my spinal cord. Could be a bad disc, too. Get it checked.

5. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Make it your business to see a doctor, could be anything. We are not doctors here..................lol

6. Taiapisi

Taiapisi New Member

yes!! its the constant lifting and moving. kept me from sleeping for a while. i got a check up for it. i was told that it was pinched nerves. starting from the back of your neck on down to your arms. you have to take more Vitamin C and do some neck stretches. Also arm stretches are good. do them before during and after work. they should help lessen the numbness in your hands. i got prescribed Magnesium Citrate. But most def keep with the stretches nd more intake with vitamin C..... but just in case, just get a check up. it could be something other than wht i had